• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

M4/AR Magazines and Followers

What I found on the CPD mags is that they're stainless, new production with they're own anti-tilt follower design. They should be just fine.

It don't know the Magpul followers would work or not but neither do I think you would have need of them anytime soon.

I found stainless and aluminum mags in C Products....I think I got aluminum....and the 2 I just ordered from Midway are the Aluminum, they are out of the SS.....these aren’t magnetic, but I know some high end stainless is not magnetic so...IDK. Here are some pics, I can’t get it to nose dive for anything.

IMG_1313_zps2805eec0.jpg

IMG_1318_zps64455766.jpg

Those followers look great!

I don't see any way those will tilt or bind!

Rossignol said:
Those followers look great!

I don't see any way those will tilt or bind!

Sweet ! I watched a video on them now and the ones that tilt look real easy to push the front down with your finger , these dont do that......I just getting my learn on

Yep, the older style green ones I've messed with are super easy to push nose down and even bind while loading.

Yup, you're good to go oli.

I just sent a half dozen of those C-Products (black follower) mags to my Pop for his AR. I've tried the ones with the green followers and they were hit or miss, but the ones you've got are solid...

nice, I really think I am doing the right thing here....I haven’t been able to find a mag for my mini in 5 months....that’s a bad sign when I can buy all the parts for an AR in this market for retail, pick up a couple mags and couldn’t find one Mini 14 mag for under 150 bucks and absolutely none in the stores or online stores ....not to mention the factory mags are normally 50 bucks

Great info and reviews on the different type of mags out there.
I was curious about my colt mags I refinished, as to why the follower was puke green, and my pmag follower was black and a little different looking, but thanks to john now I know why.

Oh I forgot to ask.....
Dose it make a difference to the mag spring if it is kept loaded with rounds in it over a long period of time. Say stored loaded.... Would that effect the spring tension over time? Just curious.

fine to leave them loaded as far as springs, plastic mags may start to spread the feed lips over time , the little plastic covers that come with pmags are supposed to prevent this problem

Thx oli, I was just curious. I don't leave my mags loaded but just wanted to know if it made a difference either way.

oli700 said:
the little plastic covers that come with pmags are supposed to prevent this problem

I have a 20 round pmag that I kept loaded to capacity for about 12 months I guess, and now, it does not drop free.

I am not convinced that the pmag cap or lid or whatever they call it prevents the body from swelling, because mine obviously has.

It still feeds fine, but I have to physically pull it from the magwell now when it's empty.

All I feel comfortable using it for now is coyote hunting or just shooting (which I haven't done in a while with the ammo situation).

I also have a couple 30 rounders that I keep loaded, but not to full capacity that have not done that to me. I think I have 28 rounds in those mags.

I wonder if hot weather plays into that at all ?.....I'd like to get a 20 a 10 round mag sometime. I am looking at those Lancer mags with the steel feed lips....any exp with them anyone ?

Picked up a Lancer to try out tonight. 17 bucks, steel feed lips, anti tilt. Feels as nice as any Pmag, I’ll put it through a couple sessions and report back but I have a good feeling it’s going to be great

Very cool man!

I'm lookin forward to your feedback on these. Been seeing them for sale lately, but haven't talked with anyone who's used them...

I was looking at a Mako (Israeli) magazine at midway the other day, but I couldn't justify the price after shipping was factored in.

Maybe someday they'll be in stock when I have a larger order and I'll be able to check one out then.

Looking forward to hearing your findings Oli

More of the Lancer L5 AWM ....fed excellent, held back the bolt fine and dropped free nice.

Back