• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Made A Trade Today

Swapped a S&W BG.380 for this .. 590 SP

IMG_2084.jpg


I plan on selling the Speedfeed stock as it is too long of a LOP, ordered a Houge 12" instead. I will be putting a RCS/ARES Gear Modulaoder on the receiver for extra shell carry.
 

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Congrats!!

I have the Hogue stock on my 870 and like it a lot.
 
Thank guys .. However I am a tad confused. I called Mossberg for a production date supplying the SN. I was told 1/23/95 which by the looks of the barrel .. wear .. yeah that's believable, but it has a SpeedFeed stock and forearm, both look fairly new that is identical to the set currently offered by Mossberg. There is also a fiber optic front sight. Anybody ?? Actually I am quite OK if it was manufactured back in 95 .. thinking older is better when it comes to quality and cost cuts made the past few years with so many makers. Not saying Mossberg has resorted to this. I know others definitely have when you compare the same model newly produced compared to the same one lets say 10 years ago.
 
I prefer a 12" LOP and have a Hogue on order already :p I have a pair of 500's, one with the Bantam 12" and really like it over the 13" wood youth stock that I bought three years ago. The Bantam 12" syn lightened the gun more than the wood and it and swings easier too. I know a trainer who is 6'5" and he has Houge 12" LOP on his SG's.
 

LUGI

.270 WIN
kris7047th said:
Thank guys .. However I am a tad confused. I called Mossberg for a production date supplying the SN. I was told 1/23/95 which by the looks of the barrel .. wear .. yeah that's believable, but it has a SpeedFeed stock and forearm, both look fairly new that is identical to the set currently offered by Mossberg. There is also a fiber optic front sight. Anybody ?? Actually I am quite OK if it was manufactured back in 95 .. thinking older is better when it comes to quality and cost cuts made the past few years with so many makers. Not saying Mossberg has resorted to this. I know others definitely have when you compare the same model newly produced compared to the same one lets say 10 years ago.

Don't know what to say other then maybe he bought some new stocks for that bad boy. Do ya feel cheated or lied to?
Can you call or talk to the guy you traded with, maybe you can ask and he'll have the answers for ya. ;)

Either way ya did good! :D
 
Not at all! I may be a woman, but I am practical. I want my guns to be practical too, and do what they are intended for .. to SHOOT reliably. If you check my pics of the 500 that I posted, you will see that I don't subscribe to tacti-cool guns. I always opt for functionality over coolness.
I am completely fine with this gun made back in 1995 .. gotta wonder if the specs and materials used are better than what is used now ;)

I noticed the trigger assembly/guard is synthetic and looks new also. I wonder if the seller or the guy before him did a rebuild on it to bring back to function correctly. The racking action is smooth and easy, much nicer than my 500's that I bought new.
I definitely think I came out the winner in this trade ;)
 

LUGI

.270 WIN
kris7047th said:
Not at all! I may be a woman, but I am practical. I want my guns to be practical too, and do what they are intended for .. to SHOOT reliably. If you check my pics of the 500 that I posted, you will see that I don't subscribe to tacti-cool guns. I always opt for functionality over coolness.
I am completely fine with this gun made back in 1995 .. gotta wonder if the specs and materials used are better than what is used now ;)

I noticed the trigger assembly/guard is synthetic and looks new also. I wonder if the seller or the guy before him did a rebuild on it to bring back to function correctly. The racking action is smooth and easy, much nicer than my 500's that I bought new.
I definitely think I came out the winner in this trade ;)


Nice....I didn't think you was a woman, cool and ya like guns...even cooler! Not hitting on ya or anything.
I'm sure the only model that came with the metal trigger guard was the 590A 1 models. Maybe he beat it up to hell and he wanted it to look good again. Oh yeah....btw, never seen those pictures of your 500. I had 2 before, should have NEVER got rid of them. :cry:
 
^^ Eh .. you probably live too far away anyways :lol: J/K with ya.

500 20 ga .. I have a Ghost Ring sight set system on order ..

IMG_2069_1.jpg


Dunhams in my area had a few incredible sales starting last August .. 500 Combo w/2 barrels, VR 26" and a scoped cantilevered barrel for $289.00
SOoo .. I bought a set. ( I don't buy purses :mrgreen: )

I live 1/2 hr away from Detroit .. about 3/4 hr from Flint and Dearborn. Crime is up is my town, county and police and sheriff depts have been cut to the bone. Personal. home safety is a huge issue.
 

LUGI

.270 WIN
kris7047th said:
^^ Eh .. you probably live too far away anyways :lol: J/K with ya.

500 20 ga .. I have a Ghost Ring sight set system on order ..

IMG_2069_1.jpg


Dunhams in my area had a few incredible sales starting last August .. 500 Combo w/2 barrels, VR 26" and a scoped cantilevered barrel for $289.00
SOoo .. I bought a set. ( I don't buy purses :mrgreen: )

I live 1/2 hr away from Detroit .. about 3/4 hr from Flint and Dearborn. Crime is up is my town, county and police and sheriff depts have been cut to the bone. Personal. home safety is a huge issue.

Nice gun...but it ain't your new one.
Take care.....be safe.

-Chris
 
LUGI said:
kris7047th said:
^^ Eh .. you probably live too far away anyways :lol: J/K with ya.

500 20 ga .. I have a Ghost Ring sight set system on order ..

IMG_2069_1.jpg


Dunhams in my area had a few incredible sales starting last August .. 500 Combo w/2 barrels, VR 26" and a scoped cantilevered barrel for $289.00
SOoo .. I bought a set. ( I don't buy purses :mrgreen: )

I live 1/2 hr away from Detroit .. about 3/4 hr from Flint and Dearborn. Crime is up is my town, county and police and sheriff depts have been cut to the bone. Personal. home safety is a huge issue.

Nice gun...but it ain't your new one.
Take care.....be safe.

-Chris

Oh .. that one .. it's the top one. I have since slapped a wood youth 13" stock and a 18.5" security barrel on it.

IMG_2021.jpg
 

Itsricmo

.30-06
That's An awesome deal! Congrats and nice gun! Sort of looks like mine since I have Conveted from the... How'd you put it? Tacti-cool side? Haha ;)
 
Top