• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mag tube removal questions

yes I just removed my magazine tube a few weeks ago and I just used a hair dryer at the threaded end till it got warm to touch and used some good force to pop it free. I also put the tube in a vise right next to the receiver wrapped with a leather glove to prevent any markings.i called Mossberg and asked them about the magazine tube and the pistol grip and when trying to remove them and they said what I did and just got to use force to unscrew them. I had a harder time removing the pistol grip than the magazine tube. I also saw that some people said that they used bottle of Un-Cure ca glue remover to break the lock tite. just put a few drops where the magazine tube and receiver meet and just let it set for a little bit and that is suppose to seep in and eat away the loc tite.

I used a channel lock plier on the tube with about 4 layers of towel between the jaws and the tube. Heated the joint with a hair dryer and it was still very hard to get moving. I ended up indenting the tube with the pliers to the point that the follower wouldn't pass through--so trashed.
I got a new tube from Mossberg in about a week (surprised!).
Don't do what I did:)

Back