• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magazine Doesn't Work

Travis188

Copper BB
A friend of mine just found and bought me a 10 round magazine for the 802 Plinkster. I loaded it and put it in the rifle only to find that it doesn't seem to fit. My brother suggested bringing my problem up to a gun smith. I've not yet done that and found this forum and thought I would ask you folks for any advice you have as the rest of the internet does not seem to have this problem. Thank you.

Welcome aboard @Travis188 .

Will the mag not insert into the rifle? I have read that some new mags can be a tight fit. Wish I could help more, but I don't have any personal experience with this particular rifle...

Correct, it doesn't seem to fit. I can get it in far enough that it doesn't fall out but then it's hard even to pull out.

I'm tagging member @VitSports6 to this reply.

Not sure when he may pop in, but I know he has one of these rifles and may be able to offer some first-hand feedback...

My pleasure.

Feel free to jump in and join the conversation elsewhere on the forum. The 802 section can be a bit slow, but we're a lively bunch overall...

Thanks for tagging me.
Can you take a pic of the magazine?
I'm not sure when or if they ever changed the magazine, however I seem to recall a different type, newer model or something, is the rifle new or used?
I did a quick GIS, some of the magazines I see have a red follower that appears to stick up above the top, mine has a green follower and is flush at the top, but otherwise looks identical.

Back