• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magazine Tube Question

TexasShotgunner. Nice idea. My fear with this would over-torquing the mag tube and possibly twisting it. It’s pretty thin sheet metal and it the tube is super tight in the receiver it might be a problem.
Possibly, but I think it would take quite a bit to twist that mag tube. Might need to go ahead and heat it up as well to reduce the breaking torque. People are buying new guns and removing the mag tube with vice grips to sell as replacement parts, I just don't want to mar up the gun so I thought this ring would provide some protection.

It might work. There must be a Maverick 88 owner willing to try it. I used Acetone for two days, then clamped the receiver in a padded vice. I then heated up the receiver and used the Husky strap wrench (a very good strap wrench) to try to break the tube loose. Nothing. You might have to use a cheater bar on the vice grips:) However, now that I know I can use your universal shell adapter, without having to install your follower, I am happy as is.

Back