• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Magazine

Mossybloke

.270 WIN
I use my 835 for waterfowl hunting and have the dowel in the magazine cut to hold only two 3" or 3.5" mag shells. I'd like to use it as a backup gun for upland game but I can squeak in a third 2 3/4" shell which is a big fine if checked by a ranger. Do I need a separate dowel for upland and waterfowl or does someone have an exact length dowel that can make it where only two shells will fit for all shells?

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

I don't know the answer to your question but its certainly a good one. I will try and look into this further for you.

Go to your local hardware store and get some dowel stock and cut one just a little bit longer or don't get caught hunting with any 2-3/4 inch shells.

Ok, yesterday I got time to work on this. I stuck two 3.5" mags and tried a third, measured by feel how much room I had left (was about 1/2"). Cut about half inch of dowel and glued it to the top of the old dowel. Voila!! Problem solved. I can now put only two shells of every length in.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Back