• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Make a Wood Stove for your Tent for $30.00

Gary Murray

.270 WIN
Here's something if any of you are interested. I made one myself for my tent and they are easy and work great. No welding whatsoever and your main tool is a jig saw. It can also be used in your work shop or garage. The main ingredients are 45 gallon drums and i'm sure you guys see those things everywhere. Here's a pic of the one i made. If any of you do decide to make one, don't waste your money buying a door latch. PM me your address and i'll send you something that is 10 times better, stronger and is adjustable so that you can suck the door tighter like the one on my door in the pic. I have to say also that this isn't my idea. All credit goes to the author David Scott Mathews.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/matthews78.html

100_0896.jpg

Oooooh that looks like a great idea for my garage workshop....i just gotta figure out where to vent it....

ripjack13 said:
Oooooh that looks like a great idea for my garage workshop....i just gotta figure out where to vent it....
You don't have to run it straight up and out. You can get a stove pipe elbow and run it out of the side of your shop and then up.

elbow, out and up is how my Dad had his little potbelly stove in his wood shop when he was alive.

Matter of fact, everyone I've ever seen with a coal or wood stove and pipe have it ran out the wall that way.

But that is an awesome stove and great way to recycle them. I'll have to remember that.

You did a great job with the exhaust vent and air intake door too

Thanx. I also added a damper to a section of the stove pipe. I ran mine out the side of my tent because my tent is a Woods canvas teepee style. I also had to add another elbow at the end of the stove pipe because on windy days the wind would blow down the pipe and fill my tent with smoke.

Also don't waste your time making a birds nest of a base like the guy made in his article. I use just an old tire rim and it works fine.

An old rim makes a lot more sense.

They are also good if you nail them up so you can wrap your garden hose around so you don't have a big tangled mess to unravel every time you need the hose.

Cool idea. Thanks for posting this.

Back