• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Cracked Ejection port

Showed it to my welder. Said it was a super thin area. Gonna bring it back today and sit with him while he works his magic. Fingers crossed!!! Here’s a pic of the micro pump action I’m building out of a Magpul pump action. Still a work in progress but almost there. Lol

View attachment 27199
In your pic above, with the magpul forend, it covers the entire slide tube. When it is completed, is the forend gonna extend out past the end of the barrel or is it in its fully forward position in the pic, and will come back over the receiver during the ejection stroke? Or is it just there for sh*T’s and giggles until the vertical fore grip gets put on?

Also, are you going to make a little holster or behind the door sleeve to put the little popper in? I’ve been playing with this stuff on a couple small gun related test pieces. It’s the fiberglass they use to set your broken arm at the doctors. The resin is already impregnated into the tape wrap, so no measure drops etc BS. Just put on some waterproofish gloves, take the roll out of the foil, dunk it a couple times in water and start wrapping. No smell, dry and hard in about 15 minutes. If you plan properly and wrap the shorty in felt, then foil, then the fiberglass, and don’t have any skinny areas behind fat areas or hourglass shapes, after it hardens, you “should “ be able to wiggle the popper out, leaving a felt lined sleeve. If you want it a little looser fit, wrap the gun with something else before the felt sheets, etc, then just pull that something else off after it hardens, leaving a little gap all around. I got a box of 10 rolls for 40 bucks from Amazon. Lots of how to’s on the web. Lots of colors including several camo colors..0837FC47-7D83-4C71-B3C4-DC6F647D7C33.jpeg

In your pic above, with the magpul forend, it covers the entire slide tube. When it is completed, is the forend gonna extend out past the end of the barrel or is it in its fully forward position in the pic, and will come back over the receiver during the ejection stroke? Or is it just there for sh*T’s and giggles until the vertical fore grip gets put on?
It’s fully forward. I hogged the crap out of the Magpul forend. It will come back and cover the ejection port. I have to mill it still a little to make sure shells eject. It’s a work in process. Once I get it all together I’ll finalize it and get pics. Probably won’t end up using it and using the other grip probably. Can’t get till it till Thursday though. I have to work my real job and finish some honey do mulch projects first. ;-((

My original fiberglass project was to make a fixed shroud covering the barrel and mag tube with just a slot in the bottom for a vertical grip. But I guess that isn’t kosher in some circles, and my new grip is horizontal and ambidextrous, I would have lost a large portion of the shroud. No sweat. All nonskid aluminum now..lol694B6350-C9DD-467E-83D0-DA39D05D0E2F.jpeg

The weld came out really good. As I said, it should last a lifetime.

Sounds like it didn't really hurt to be built up more anyway if it's that thin anyway.

Sounds like it didn't really hurt to be built up more anyway if it's that thin anyway.
Wait to you see the Micro Magpul Handguard forend I’ve been working on for my Serbu clone. I’ll get pics of it all when it’s back from Cerakote.
b353c304449c1299d87b51e1ad3b0327_w200.gif

She’s done and functioned checked!!! Shout out to James at 4j Laser Engraving in Homosassa Fl!! He is very Meticulous when he Cerakotes. Sorry for the shameless plug, he’s a veteran and a good friend. This one is in semi Gloss Graphite black at looks perfect!! Couldn’t be happier. Haven’t installed the Magpul forend yet but it seems to function fine. Just not sure I like it. Lol. Thank you all that follow this thread!!

31152721-2D94-45E2-9E67-9C0BAEC55EC3.jpeg E199B467-9B94-429A-A405-DE2A9B7A04A4.jpeg 9EE4F574-D141-408F-B376-1D5815E8749A.jpeg 7AD8F62D-CF46-4AAD-AB3D-EB5E18B57E17.jpeg

I see what you're saying about the magpul forend. There is still a lot of overlap.

But, your buddy James did an impeccable job refinishing it.

I see what you're saying about the magpul forend. There is still a lot of overlap.

But, your buddy James did an impeccable job refinishing it.
Thank you John. We both (James and I or is it I and James) just lost a true friend last week!! We live in a small town and our buddy Mark passed away last week. Mark was the first “Real” gunsmith/SOT in our town. A people person. 52 years old. To young. We miss him dearly. Sorry for the plug on James but in honor of Marks passing he did this for free so I wanted to compliment his Cerakote job. Life is short. Please love the ones you love!!!

Back