• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Accessories...

First time owner looking to mod.

I picked up my first Mossberg on a very good deal. I was looking for a pump action with a pistol grip and no stock but couldn't pass up the non pistol grip with the stock. It was too good of a deal. My question is can I take my new purchase and make it into a pistol grip with a fold up stock? I've seen a few pics of people here who have them I'm just wondering if you can swap out the grips to add a folding stock to it? My apologies if this is a basic question with an obvious answer. This is my first shotgun purchase.

Re: First time owner looking to mod.

You can - you can easily replace the regular stock with a foldup or collapsible stock.

That gun, as well as the 500, are very customizable.

These are my 500 and Remington 870, both very close to the Maverick. You can see what you can do to them. Both have black aces rails (which I sell), both have collapsible stocks, side holders, sights and flashlights.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365706294.826582.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365706294.826582.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 297
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365706314.275687.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365706314.275687.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 299

welcome to the club from NY. congrats on your new mav 88. :)

Welcome to Mossberg Owners from Central, PA! :D

Your options are just as open with the 88 as if you bought a 500! So long your forend is not "pinned" and is on a slide assembly tube, you can put whatever you want on it (with regards to proper length for forend) and same thing with the butt stock! Do you have your sights set on anything particular?

Itsricmo said:
Welcome to Mossberg Owners from Central, PA! :D

Your options are just as open with the 88 as if you bought a 500! So long your forend is not "pinned" and is on a slide assembly tube, you can put whatever you want on it (with regards to proper length for forend) and same thing with the butt stock! Do you have your sights set on anything particular?

Not sure what you mean by pinned forend? How do I know? I'd like a new stock for sure. Possibly some other stuff but I'd like to browse a good site for parts if you know any?

We have some items in stock but a lot of our 500 stuff is on back order from Mesa Tactical. Site is in my signature. 500 stocks (which work the 88) should be in soon and we do have some other accessories you might like. Small family business that treats members of this forum right (with our other customers also)

try the venders right here on MO. just click on their banners.

this is what a pinned forend looks like.

Attachments

• Maverick88forearm pinned.jpg
    Maverick88forearm pinned.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 276

even though this says for houge forend. This is pretty much the same for installing any forend. If you have the tube you just slide the new forend on.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365723339.672071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365723339.672071.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 259

correct what he said. thank you.

Input from the stranger in Missouri - take some time to become VERY familiar with the gun. Put a good bit of ammo through it. Consider the kinds of shooting that you want to do with the gun. Try them with the stock gun be it trap, hunting, defensive (look for matches, they are out there), fun shoots with friends etc. THEN consider what modifications will be a benefit to you in those areas and know why. There is nothing wrong with a trick looking gun BUT a trick looking gun that was purpose built (form follows function) to perform better for the shooter is as cool as it gets in my book. :cool:

mingaa said:
Input from the stranger in Missouri - take some time to become VERY familiar with the gun. Put a good bit of ammo through it. Consider the kinds of shooting that you want to do with the gun. Try them with the stock gun be it trap, hunting, defensive (look for matches, they are out there), fun shoots with friends etc. THEN consider what modifications will be a benefit to you in those areas and know why. There is nothing wrong with a trick looking gun BUT a trick looking gun that was purpose built (form follows function) to perform better for the shooter is as cool as it gets in my book. :cool:
I second this

cdarmssupply said:
mingaa said:
I second this

+3 Before you really do too much to it, get to know it!

Thanks for all the replies! I'm for sure looking to use it for shoots with friends and some clay shooting with some family and friends. I definitely want to use it for defense (hopefully never have to).

Back