• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Accessories...

Re: First time owner looking to mod.

I am also a first time poster and I have a few questions im in desperate need of help with.. I have the 500 pump and plan on adding a kick-lite stock and a Black Aces rail system/heatshield thing to but I have no idea what to do about the sights. I've been all over Amazon and im looking for ghost ring sights however I haven't found any that will mount to a rail system. I haven't had any luck with red dots in the past. The only conclusion I came up with is to install magpul mbus gen 2 flip up sights but I don't know if the raised sights will throw off my accuracy. If any one could help or suggest something I would greatly appreciate it.

Re: First time owner looking to mod.

mingaa said:
THEN consider what modifications will be a benefit to you in those areas and know why. There is nothing wrong with a trick looking gun BUT a trick looking gun that was purpose built (form follows function) to perform better for the shooter is as cool as it gets in my book. :cool:

Perfectly stated. My 500 was purposely built for deer at up to 100 yds, with rifle accuracy intended. Hence the 24" ported/rifled barrel, 4x32 scope, and the rounds I use. As well as HD set up, Center Point red dot sight, adj. ATI stock, Limbsaver AR-15 recoil pad, modded release lever, and single point sling mount. It's the same gun, but has 2 purpose minded set ups for it. And performs both equally well. The same can be had from your 88, if you know what your looking for as an end result, and understand what each mod will give or take as a benefit to you as the shooter. But as stated, practice and familiarize yourself first with it in stock form, then tweak.

Anyone considering a stock with a pistol grip needs to consider how they're going to reach the Slide Release. With my Blackhawk Knoxx Gen II Stock, it was really difficult!

Then I discovered a thread in the Mossberg 500 Forum where Forum Member, "Shoten," posted some pics of an Extended Slide Release he makes and, if you want, he also installs in the trigger assembly. Looks like this:

masusysy_zps24c493b6.jpg

The thread in the 500 Forum is:

http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6483

Anyone doing things to their 28" barrel Maverick 88's? I mostly see custom stuff being doin to the 18's

I have a bunch of modifications on my 88 with 24" barrel and then I modified the modifications :)

Next mod is ditching the saddle mount and getting a black aces quad rail :) then probably get the finish redone and have the barrel, rail and sight done too.

1481930576399.jpg

Hello World!

I'm hoping you can help. I have a Maverick 88 20ga Youth model (I'm petite).

I would like to add a picatinny rail or some kind of a mount on either the barrell (which I hear isn't the "preferred place" or better yet a "magazine tube" mount.
The goal is to add a laser on the underside and a flashlight on the left.

The problem I am having is I can't seem to find one (picatinny especially) for a 20ga. (Amazon, Ebay and stores). Only 12ga.

Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!
Kim

Considering getting a Maverick 88 in 20 gauge for the wife. world of Mossberg 500 accessories fit if they're off the 12 gauge? I've seen some places that say they're the same and some say they aren't. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

HAA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 01.JPG AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 02.JPG AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 03.JPG ere is my zombie-whacker.

Attachments

• AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 01.JPG
    AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 01.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 02.JPG
    AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 02.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 4
  • AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 03.JPG
    AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 03.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 4
Back