• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Barrels

I just ordered a 24" barrel for my Maverick. I also ordered a Poly Choke. Both will be here mid-week, and I will be in the woods the next day.

12/5/16

Barrel came in and now I am waiting for the choke. Will hunt Thursday. It is nice. Ported and for me the perfect length...almost. With the Poly it will be almost 26" which is my preferred length.

One complaint: There are wear marks in a few places from bouncing around in the clamshell it came in. It was well packed in a box but without padding for the barrel itself. I will go over it with some super blue later. Also I installed the sling stud in the takedown screw.

All in all...I like what I see. Now I hope I can hit something.

Last edited:
WAAAA! Now I am really hacked. I got my new 24" barrel and thought I got a good deal @ only $3.00 more than Bud's price, but with free shipping. I always do this...I looked for the barrel on Bud's and their price dropped $37. from last time I looked. Bud's is selling the 24" ported all purpose barrel for $127.00 O well. If I would have waited I would have missed out. It really is a nice barrel.

I am going to have to wait for my Poly Choke. I got an email from the company that a key manager died and the company has to bust butt to get back up and running. I am sure we will be trading emails so if anyone is interested, I will post the end result when I know whats up.

Maverick With New TruGlo Titan Adjustable Choke.jpg Maverick With New TruGlo Titan Adjustable Choke2.JPG Maverick With New TruGlo Titan Adjustable Choke3.JPG 12/12/16 Update.

I am excited and I want to try this new TruGlo Titan adjustable Choke. It came today and is cleaned and installed in my new Maverick with the 24" ported barrel. I wish I could get that Poly Choke here. The new 24" barrel is ported. So is the TruGlo choke. If I have 2 sets of ports that are supposed to reduce recoil, should I worry about the gun flying out of me hands because of the direction of the ports? Ok, that's silly. But, I do wonder how many decibels the noise level will go up having a shorter barrel that is ported 2 times. I had hoped the Poly was on the way for this barrel but I will just have to wait.

I like the looks and the light weight. It is made of Titanium so it is lighter than a Poly. It is also just a bit smaller diameter than the Poly so there is no big knob on the end of the barrel. Actually while shooting there is no noticeable knob with the Poly either but when just admiring the contraption on the end of that shotgun it looks kind of like a blunderbuss. The TruGlo looks like a black cigar.

I like it. I think I will keep it.

Update on Poly Choke: Bad JuJu. Out of business ot some problems. I ordered my choke from them on Dec.2, 2016 and paid via PayPal. Total with Shipping: $110.00. No Choke. I just got a letter from Pay pal and they have refunded my money in full and are going after Poly Choke to recover their funds. I am thinking about reporting the company to the IC3 people. The company is a licensed FFL. Hopefully not for long. Bottom, line: your best choice for an adjustable choke is a TruGlo Titan.

No, not a glow in the dark Trojan. I thought that was what it was at first. DUH!

Now I am brewing beer. No time to shoot for a while.

Well you lucked out on the PayPal thing. I ordered some stuff from a guy I had done business with before and when it didn't come on time I contacted him and he put me off for a bit.

In fact he put me off for a couple more times, which drug out into months.

I didn't worry because I trusted the guy and I had told him that I was not in a hurry, but by the time that I went to make a claim with PayPal it was too late.

Well you lucked out on the PayPal thing. I ordered some stuff from a guy I had done business with before and when it didn't come on time I contacted him and he put me off for a bit.

In fact he put me off for a couple more times, which drug out into months.

I didn't worry because I trusted the guy and I had told him that I was not in a hurry, but by the time that I went to make a claim with PayPal it was too late.

I just stumbled on to the "note" that said I was a protected purchaser and I would be refunded in the event of a bad purchase providing i followed their guidelines. It was an accident that I lucked out that way but I am sure glad I paid through PayPal. Their refund was in my PP account in just hours, ready for me to use it again, which I did. I did not used to like to pay via Pay Pal but now I look for their link at the checkout counter. I notice now that even Dollar General offers PayPal at their card reader.

Back