• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Barrels

Re: Anyone know if there is a Tactical Choke addon for Mav88

would this include the 90015 that I just ordered? (18.5" barrel)[/quote]

No. The 90015 is cylinder bore (no restrictions).

Barrel for 88 pump

i was wondering if anybody has seen the 18.5 or the 20 inch barrels in stock any where and if you have could you direct me in the right direction.

Re: Barrel for 88 pump

cvasta said:
i was wondering if anybody has seen the 18.5 or the 20 inch barrels in stock any where and if you have could you direct me in the right direction.
dick's sporting goods usually has the HD 18.5" in stock

old mossy said:
cvasta said:

Here ya go,,,,,
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/748383 ... steel-blue

Thanks i just ordered it yesterday and will have it by the end of next week. midway seems like a good site they have a bunch of things i have been trying to find for my other fire arms. thanks

Midway is a great site,good people. Glad you found what you wanted. Don't forget the pics when you get it set up. :)

I just bought the Mav 88 18.5" 6 shot (5+1) for home defense. I wondered if someone out there might have a recommendation for the best Mossberg 500 barrel I could get to swap out for those times when I might want to deer hunt with slugs.

Thanks

Mrjrtykr said:
I just bought the Mav 88 18.5" 6 shot (5+1) for home defense. I wondered if someone out there might have a recommendation for the best Mossberg 500 barrel I could get to swap out for those times when I might want to deer hunt with slugs.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mav 88.
A popular barrel for slug hunting is the 24" with rifle sights. It comes smooth bore or rifled depending on what you want to shoot. Here's a link to some that are available.
http://www.mossberg.com/barrels.asp

I have an old 6 shot, 12 ga Maverick 88 with one slide bar and 28" barrel. I am looking to purchase a new 6 shot, 12 ga Mossberg 500 combo which comes with both a 28" and a 18.5" barrel.

I would like to use the new Mossy 500 for hunting and shooting traps while keeping the Maverick at home for HD.

Does anyone know if I can use the 18.5" barrel on my Maverick 88 even though the New Mossberg 500 has two slide bars while my Maverick only has one slide bar?

I have searched on-line and has not been able to find a definitive answer. Thank you in advance for any help.

So I have a barrel question. I have a 24" smooth bore "slugster" barrel on my Mav88. Can I shoot bird/buck shot out of it? It is ported. Does that matter?

If you whack the hunting barrel rather than buy an 18.5 you will have the advantage of the vent rib plus the option to add whatever front sight you want, such as an oversize white sight.

First post, I will be picking up my first Mossberg this coming week, had to order it. I was torn between the 12 and 20 gauge. Being older and my wife with ms, I opted for the 20 gauge for mainly for home defense. All that to ask, do they make a 18.5" barrel for it? I have checked the Internet for one, but no luck. Thanks, jf

Closest is a 22 inch barrel in camo. Part number is:
12770INF

And it is presently on sale on the Mossberg website for $150.00. ($50 off regular price.) http://www.mossberg.com/store/12770inf.html

Back