• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Forearms

My running theory right now is that this action tube is for a longer receiver, 3-1/2" or a mossberg 835 as suggested by a gentleman from Halvin Sales.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I know I am late to this thread git this place can help you with forearm replacement. YouTube best resource for instructions.
They were able to get me all the parts i needed to convert mine to wood forearm.
http://www.havlinsales.com/right.htm

6d72871607b2c7b8197c8bf03a16c6ab.jpg

Last edited:
My running theory right now is that this action tube is for a longer receiver, 3-1/2" or a mossberg 835 as suggested by a gentleman from Halvin Sales.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Where did you get your slide tubes from?

Did you measure your Mav88 arms? How long are they from where the tube end would be to end of arms?

I have tried a 7-5/8" and a 6-5/8" forend action slide tube and neither of them work for my 12ga, Maverick 88 20in Barrel. The arms on the action tube look are too long compared to my stock single piece molded forearm to engage the cartridge stop to feed the elevator assembly. This prevents the new round from feeding when ever I use the pump.

The 7-5/8" forend I used is P/N# 53170A.

View attachment 14147

Has anyone run into this issue?

Yes I had the same issue using the & 7-5/8 & I think I even tried the 7-3/4 one off my buddies older 500A 12 GA & it did't work correctly either. I have been trying to find the right size but with no luck yet.

Back