• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Miscellaneous Parts

2pt sling

Wanting to get a 2 pt sling for my mav 88 but I don't know where to start. Wanting something that's quick detachable and somewhat tactical looking. What do I need and what are some good products out?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 2pt sling

blackhawk.priced right,,,holds 15 shells. :)

or,,,,paracord

Attachments

• BlackHawk-43SS15BK-rw-21704-2245.jpg
    BlackHawk-43SS15BK-rw-21704-2245.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 174
  • survival-shotgun-paracord-sling-mounted.jpg
    survival-shotgun-paracord-sling-mounted.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 172

So I need a mag tube end with a swivel? I want the other point to be on the receiver somewhere but I already have a tacstar side saddle would that be an issue?

tysche16 said:
So I need a mag tube end with a swivel? I want the other point to be on the receiver somewhere but I already have a tacstar side saddle would that be an issue?

mag tube swivel yes. not sure about the receiver mount.

A receiver mount could be used for a 2 point or 2 point adjustable sling. I am opting for the latter.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Stock screw thread size? Help!

I bought a blackhawk knoxx stock and the screw they sent will only turn about three times. It looks identical to the original as far as girth but the threads look thicker. Anyone know what type I need? Really don't want to return it hopefully a trip to home depot can fix it

Re: Stock screw thread size? Help!

tysche16 said:
Figured it out mods please close thread.

what was it 5/16" USS ?

tysche16 said:
Yeah 5/16 course thread

sorry i didn't see this earlier. as long as you are good to go. :)

I'm good to go! Threads on the bolt they gave me must have been bad. New one went right in. Thank you sir

Merged Thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I just bought a new Mossberg/Maverick 88 6 Shot 18.5" barrel Shotgun and discovered it has a polymer Trigger Housing does anyone know if there's a company that makes a metal Trigger Housing for the Maverick 88 ? Thank you in advance .

Re: Who makes a metal Trigger Housing for Maverick 88

bobjr59 said:
I just bought a new Mossberg/Maverick 88 6 Shot 18.5" barrel Shotgun and discovered it has a polymer Trigger Housing does anyone know if there's a company that makes a metal Trigger Housing for the Maverick 88 ? Thank you in advance .

hello bobjr59 welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mav88.
i might be wrong,,,but i
never saw a metal trigger assembly for the mav88.

at the same time i haven't heard any complaints about the polymer one either.

Re: Who makes a metal Trigger Housing for Maverick 88

I wouldn't worry about it. Worst case if yours ever breaks a call to Mossberg customer service should get you squared away.

Only the 590a1 models come with a metal trigger housing. But swapping in one of those would leave you with no safety mechanism on your firearm. I seriously doubt that is what you would want.

Pistol Grip and the Mav 88 safety / action release

Merged Thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hey all,

I was just wanting to get some opinions from people who have experience with a Mav 88 with some variant of aftermarket tactical/adjustable stock with pistol grip.

We all know the tang safety doesn't work well on the 500 with a pistol grip, so I'm actually leaning towards picking up a Mav 88 to mod with an adjustable pistol grip stock instead. I was wondering how easy it is to access the safety and action slide from your master position.

Can you easily nab the safety with your index finger? And can you still flick the action release with just a tap from your middle finger? Can all this be done without moving from your ready-to-fire position?

Thanks!

Re: Pistol Grip and the Mav 88 safety / action release

I've run a ATI Scorpion/Talon pistol grip on my 12 gauge Maverick 88 and had no problem with either the safety or slide release. Same grip is currently mounted on my 20 gauge Mossberg 500. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Maverick 88 stock screws

Merged Thread,,,,,,,I decided to take the pistol grip off my Maverick and revert back to the original stock. When I started to put the recoil pad on, I realized I had no screws for it. Does anyone happen to know what size those are? I'm thinking I could find a couple of replacements at a hardware store. If not, where could I buy them online? Thanks!

Back