• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Reviews...

Does anybody have any advice on filing down the magazine loading port (bottom). I am considering doing this to speed up my reloads. It's aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what she said! Wait......... Ok yeah I will give it a shot soon. Thanks!

My 88's function flawlessly. Wife's 20 gauge might be my favorite lol. It's so smooth and already has slide tube on the forend. When I shoot it, the forend slides back just from the recoil. It's almost too smooth
y3ybevu5.jpg
ajatavyv.jpg

The barrel on that vent ribbed barrel 20 gauge looks short. Has it been shortened, or is that an unmodified barrel? Looks good, either way. Take care. Tom Worthington

It is cut down! Kept the bead site. Had to go around 19.5-20 ish inches due to the ribs

I'm approaching 60 and bought my first gun just last month. It was the Maverick 88 20 gauge with the long barrel.

Same here (well same age, but first shotgun for me and the Mrs: we've been handgun shooters for awhile). I went to a Beginners-Intermediate Range Shoot and tried skeet shooting 2 weeks ago. In spite of a bit of a sore shoulder the next day (we used a 12 gauge, and went 50 shots in two 25 shot sessions) I had a blast. Next week my wife and I went out to our local FFL and bought a Maverick 88, 20 gauge, also with the long barrel.

Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new Mav88. You get a chance post a pic or two.

I just bought one off GunBroker.com, it was shipped Friday or Saturday they said and I should be able to pick it up this week from the FFL! Hope to post my own review shortly!

Had my Mav'88 out to the range yesterday morning...

Patterned some target shot at 10 yd and then just had fun blowing a really big hole in the paper...

Also patterned some of the Spartan OO Buck at 10 yd...

There are 5+1 into that target, not too bad...

Yes Sir.

Gonna need to swap out the stock for the 12" LOP though. Haven't shot the factory stock in a while and it's a bit more reach that I'm used to. Couldn't really square up like I want to and my shoulder is feeling it today...

Looking good! Can't wait to take mine out, I disassembled it, cleaned it, and put it back together over the weekend. Whoever sold it definitely didn't clean it before they sold it, lol. I am very pleased with how easy it was, took only about 5 minutes to disassemble and about 30 minutes to put it back together after I cleaned it (and at least 20 minutes of that was working on the bolt assembly, the two parts weren't fitting together right).

Now just have to figure out some place to shoot it and wait for the choke to arrive.

I started out with a Mossberg M590A1....Liked it, but I'm 70-years-old and figured it was a bit too much. So I put it up for consignment sale at my LGS and bought a Mossberg 88. Put the pistol grip on it and took it out to the local range. Dang! That thing did cure my carpal tunnel somehow by jamming my wristbones back in place. Too much kick though so I sold the 88 and took the M590A1 back and still have it.

Both are 12 Gauge.

Good lookin shotguns Sir.

Two out of three doctors recommend Mossberg for clearing up carpel tunnel syndrome. The third one's a liberal proctologist...

I have a line on a new one of these for just $199.95. I have several short barreled cylinder bore shotguns. However, one more can't hurt. This one has the full length magazine tube. I think It's a 9 shot.

Back