• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Got the small size limbsaver today. Fits nicely on the chopped stock. Can't wait to get out shooting to see how she feels. Here is the height difference between the stock pad and the limbsaver.

unu6ejyb.jpg

And here is the limbsaver installed. I think it looks pretty nice, black on black. Doesn't seem too out of place.

evu7u2ag.jpg

With the cut stock and limbsaver I can't use my elastic shell holster, so I'm gonna cut it up and sew it to some industrial Velcro and make a side saddle :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I got lucky and found a discontinued Butler Creek folding stock for my new Maverick 88 20" Security 12 gauge in an auction on Gunbroker, new in the box, that a gun store dude found buried in his warehouse for $69.00. I expected bids to rattle upwards from $150.00 since these are impossible to find and the Maverick 88 is so popular, but I was the only bidder. I guess fate / destiny meant for me to have this one!

IMO the best folding stock ever made. I have no idea why they were discontinued. I have not found any other folding stock, side-folding or over-folding that can compare to it in my opinion. All of the polymer side-folding stocks I can find fold the wrong way, prohibiting use of a side-saddle shell holder. I have not been able to find a metal one. All of the top-folding stocks prohibit use of the sight when folded.
This Butler Creek folding stock has neither of these problems. :quote:

Last edited:
Here is my Maverick 88. The two little red things on the backside of the but stock are spare CR123 batteries for the laser light. The little pouch on the sling holds my little Opsul adapter for mini shells.
AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 01.JPG AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 02.jpg AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 03.JPG AA TACTICAL SHOTGUN 04.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement stock and forend in grassland camp for a Maverick 88 20 gauge? I can’t find any anywhere and Mossberg has nothing available and won’t have anything for quite some time.

I am trying to transform a standard black 88 into a waterfowl shotgun for the wife but looks like my only options are to use a wrap.

Back