• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MC2C light primer strikes and general trouble

miscverb

Copper BB
I purchased one of these about 3 weeks ago and have nothing but problems with it having light primer strikes across multiple ammo brands, fte, ftf, etc. Overall not reliable at all. For any of you that may have had yours corrected, what did Mossberg do to correct the issue? Asking because they do not have striker assemblies in stock, no barrels, etc. So even if I do send it to them it could sit there for months. Any input appreciated.

I had issues with mine doing the same . Im a gunsmith properly cleaned it before firing it the first time. My issue was it would not return fully to battery, this might be yoir problem with light strikes. Even used 147gr fmj after 400rnds it was better but still occurred. i polished ramp, slide, and most contact surfaces. But still occurrred. Shipped it to mossberg they returned it in about a week saying they shot 115gr +p hollow points through it with no failures. They also said they did not do any repair to it. Since then several hundred rounds through it with no more failures. Did you buy it through Bass Pro? Thats where i got mine and I saw another person who got theirs there with similar issues. Maybe Bass Pro got a bad batch?

Back