• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MC2c who's got one?

Underdog

Premier Member
Who out there actually own this pistol? I've had one for several months and it never fails to impress me every time I shoot it. Mine has the night sights and has ran excellent since I got it, no malfunctions at all. The trigger in mine was a bit rough at first but has since smoothed out very nicely, it's a very fun low recoil gun to shoot. I don't see many reviews on forums about this great pistol, a few here and there but that's it. YT has many positive reviews on the MC2c and it's good to see it getting the attention it deserves. I've compared mine side by side to...
Sig 365xl
Taurus G3c
Taurus GX4
Glock 43
Springfield Hellcat
And after shooting them all side by side I always pretty much come to the same conclusion, the Mossberg MC2c is a much more fun gun to shoot and it fits my shooting style much better. I don't know if it's the way it handles the recoil or the way it fits my hand, but it has very quickly become my most favorite. I'd like to hear from others that own or shot one what they think of it. The one I have does not have the optics cut on the slide and I really wish I had bought that model, and I am currently looking for one that is optics ready as I have a Holosun 507K x2 sitting waiting to be mounted on something.

I’m thinking about buying the sub compact optics ready model but I need to save up for it. From all the research I’ve done it seems to deliver very good value. Since this will be my first time using an optic on a pistol I wanted to make sure that the it would be a good choice. I’m happy to hear you are impressed with you MC2C.

Last edited:
Optics on pistols are not for everyone, it took me a bit to get use to one. I had my Holosun mounted on a Sig P365 xl and it took a bit of shooting before I actually enjoyed it and benefited from it. But every new handgun I buy from now on I'll look for optic ready models for sure. I did find an MC2c optics ready model at a LGS and I'm going to look at it tomorrow. My problem is I've shot with iron sights for so long that switching to a red dot on a handgun is not a smooth transition, I tend to shake a lot when using a red dot but I'm getting better at it.

Ok well here's an update, I went and looked at the MC2c optics ready pistol today and brought it home. Very dry out of the box, not a drop of lubricant anywhere on the gun. After I got it cleaned and lubed I tried mounting a Holosun optic, well none of the screws supplied with the Holosun work with the MC2c as they are too long. And Mossberg doesn't supply any screws at all with the gun, only a note in the box stating I need special size screws that are a specialty item. Mossberg states that the Holosun footprint fits the MC2c and it does perfectly, but not supplying screws for it is not sitting well with me. I'm going to have to order them from Mcmaster carr supply or someplace similar, and we're not off to a good start here. I am going to take it to the range tomorrow and shoot it though to get it broken-in.

The sound of "crickets" in here is deafening, help!

I took the MC2c for it's first range mission, 90 flawless rounds without issue. Very accurate and the sights are right on from the factory and the trigger is starting to smooth out. I'll wait until I get 300 rounds through it before I try and smooth anything out, especially the trigger.

Thanks for the update Underdog. I’m pretty sold on the pistol. I think it will be either a Christmas present if I can save up the money or a Birthday present in 2023.

Thanks for the update Underdog. I’m pretty sold on the pistol. I think it will be either a Christmas present if I can save up the money or a Birthday present in 2023.
Jmm14534 it's worth the wait and hope you get it soon.

So what did you end up doing about the screws?
Bobster, Mcmaster carr had them and I got them yesterday. I had to buy 100 pack but only needed 2 so I have quite a few leftover. I'll post a pick in a little bit with the Holosun mounted.

I bought and installed an Mcarbo trigger spring kit today and with my wheeler gauge, it's measuring right at 4 lbs. I didn't polish anything just installed the kit, very easy to install and i'm sure with more use it will only get better. I'm still at 90 rounds but weather permitting tomorrow I'll run another 100 through it.

I have an MC2c that I am very pleased with for my EDC pistol. I have only run approx. 100 rounds thru the pipe. I have not measured the trigger pull. I'm curious, what did your stock trigger measure out of the box? Are you using a digital trigger gauge w/ average of 3 measurements?

I use an OWB Alien Gear Cloak belt holster. They are listed for the MC2c w/o any accessories. However, my Mossy MC2c has a laser. The holster I use is listed for a Glock 17 w /a rail mounted Crimson Trace Railmaster, CMR-206 laser. The Glock 17 is only a tad wider and longer than my MC2c but most all AG holsters have adjustable retention. It comes with an assortment of spacers and an adjustment tool. I was able to adjust it just to my liking. I am able to draw and reholster w/ good economy of movement and just the right amount of retention. You can order it to fit either 1-1/4" or 1-1/2 wide belts. I really like the materials of construction and the lifetime warranty from AG. The only thing I didn't like about the holster, It didn't have any adjustment for forward cant. It just sits straight up and down when mounted on your belt. I solved that by ordering both size belt loops and using one 1-1/4" loop on the forward side and one 1-1/2" loop on the rear flip flopped (one positioned up and one positioned down) to create just a little forward cant, when mounted on my 1-1/4" gun belt. I really like the way it sits now at the 3:00 position and it lays close in for good concealment and easy access.

Attachments

• AG Holster2.jpg
    AG Holster2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AG Holster1.jpg
    AG Holster1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 3
I use an OWB Alien Gear Cloak belt holster. They are listed for the MC2c w/o any accessories. However, my Mossy MC2c has a laser. The holster I use is listed for a Glock 17 w /a rail mounted Crimson Trace Railmaster, CMR-206 laser. The Glock 17 is only a tad wider and longer than my MC2c but most all AG holsters have adjustable retention. It comes with an assortment of spacers and an adjustment tool. I was able to adjust it just to my liking. I am able to draw and reholster w/ good economy of movement and just the right amount of retention. You can order it to fit either 1-1/4" or 1-1/2 wide belts. I really like the materials of construction and the lifetime warranty from AG. The only thing I didn't like about the holster, It didn't have any adjustment for forward cant. It just sits straight up and down when mounted on your belt. I solved that by ordering both size belt loops and using one 1-1/4" loop on the forward side and one 1-1/2" loop on the rear flip flopped (one positioned up and one positioned down) to create just a little forward cant, when mounted on my 1-1/4" gun belt. I really like the way it sits now at the 3:00 position and it lays close in for good concealment and easy access.
I have an AG IWB holster for my current conceal cary firearm (9 mm S&W Shield). Love the holster and the gun. For my “next gen” CC firearm I’m seriously looking at the MC2C with an rds. Does anyone out there use this firearm and holster combination?

Last edited:
I have an AG IWB holster for my current conceal cary firearm (9 mm S&W Shield). Love the holster and the gun. For my “next gen” CC firearm I’m seriously looking ant the MC2C with an rds. Does anyone out there use this firearm and holster combination?
It depends on which AG IWB holster you have, the ShapeShift or the Cloak Tuck 3.0. I know that AG offers replacement Kydex outer shells for some of their newer model holsters. You might be able to buy just the outer shell for an MC2c and install it on your current IWB holster. You should just call AlienGear and tell them what you have, and ask them about changing to an Mossy MC2c shell. They are really helpful about answering questions like this about their holsters.

Who out there actually own this pistol? I've had one for several months and it never fails to impress me every time I shoot it. Mine has the night sights and has ran excellent since I got it, no malfunctions at all. The trigger in mine was a bit rough at first but has since smoothed out very nicely, it's a very fun low recoil gun to shoot. I don't see many reviews on forums about this great pistol, a few here and there but that's it. YT has many positive reviews on the MC2c and it's good to see it getting the attention it deserves. I've compared mine side by side to...
Sig 365xl
Taurus G3c
Taurus GX4
Glock 43
Springfield Hellcat
And after shooting them all side by side I always pretty much come to the same conclusion, the Mossberg MC2c is a much more fun gun to shoot and it fits my shooting style much better. I don't know if it's the way it handles the recoil or the way it fits my hand, but it has very quickly become my most favorite. I'd like to hear from others that own or shot one what they think of it. The one I have does not have the optics cut on the slide and I really wish I had bought that model, and I am currently looking for one that is optics ready as I have a Holosun 507K x2 sitting waiting to be mounted on something.
I just purchased one and regret it. Will stick with the tried and true _handgun_ brands. Hope you have better luck.

Back