• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MCARBO Trigger Spring Kit and Magazine Follower

Jmm14534

20g
Premier Member
I installed the MCARBO trigger spring kit on one of my M500 pump shotguns today. First let me say that I was not unhappy with the factory trigger that has been in the gun for many years. I was ordering some other components from MCARBO and for $19.95 I thought I would give it a try. Note for an additional $1.95 I added the trigger spring installation tool as well. So basically $22 bucks.

The install was easy if you are comfortable with this sort of thing. I figure if you have the ability to fully disassemble your M500 then this should not be a problem for you. There is a video on MCARBO’s website to guide you thru it.

Bottom line. The trigger pull is improved. Is it $22 bucks better? I’ll let you be the judge. There is still some first stage take up. The second stage is crisp and certainly lighter than before. The reset is clean. Anyone else have this kit on their M500? Do you have good things to say about it?

I also installed their stainless steel mag follower as well ($13.46). Again just to see if there is any significant differences. For the money just the esthetics is worth it.

Truthfully, I blame all this tinkering on both COVID and the ammunition situation. Since I’m not shooting much I look for little projects to do on my guns to keep us close!
9E27AB07-9F96-4633-AC6E-4CB1F88CE53D.jpeg

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings. I have combat shotguns and they always were just stock from the factory. I've never done any internal upgrades.

BUT.... I have 1911 pistols that have had replacement parts and do I love the improvements.

So perhaps I should look into improving some of my shotguns.

I've been looking at the trigger springs from them... if I order for my 500s, I'll order for my 935 & 870 too. I don't have a problem with the triggers so I'm not sure I need them but they are on my radar & I'm looking for further reviews.

Back