• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mechanical Releases

OhioArcher said:
These are releases I have that I could find...I forgot one that I use for hunting...a SpotHogg thumb release.

I don't use all of them at this time. I do use the Carter Sensation (blue with thumbhole) for hunting, the Carter Evolution (red with thumbhole) for practice and back tension training, and the 2 Truball HT's (lower right) for target shooting.

I really like the hinge releases over anything else. The blue one in the middle has popped my in the mouth a few times as has the black Carter Solution (one with the lanyard on it).

Nice collection. I think I've tried many of those. When I used to shoot the target leagues it was funny how we would always be swapping and trying different releases in the hopes that you would stumble upon that one release that would rocket you up in the spot counts. LOL

Yeah, Mike, that's no lie. Still goes on. Kinda like fishing lures meant to catch fisherman not the fish...

I personally use the Spot Hogg Whipper Snapper 4 finger and my brother uses the 3 finger. I really enjoy the ergonomics of the release as well as the ability to adjust the trigger pull.

Back