• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Members of Mossberg Owners, Post Pics of Your Self!

I like the look on your face says "I mean business. Seriously." It's good to see you take it serious. When I was in band I just did it for a class credit. Looking back on that....I'd have paid attention and tried it more diligently.....
kudos to you!

Cool video!

The high school marching band here is way small, there are only 3 girls on color guard, and there is one quad, two saxaphones (one is my son and the other is his girlfriend) anyhow there are 25 band members this year, thats way down from last year of about 36 or 37. Its a small town man.

OH! I showed him your pics and video, he liked it and especially liked the uniforms! They want new uniforms, theyve had the same ones for several years now and its up to the band members' moms to make repairs to the uniforms, like replacing shiny stuff and what not. Oh well, whaddya gonna do? Low property taxes, no school district tax and no levies on ballots in I dont know how long.

Thanks for sharin that stuff man, I like to share this stuff with my son! He and I (while very much alike) have little in common but he knows I have always liked the marching band stuff and I never miss concerts and shows and I make all the home games, he always shows me his new music and will even listen to stuff I like and learn how to plat either on the saxaphone or clarinet! Most recently it was Dropkick Murphys!!! He even learned some Operation Ivy at one time!

Really cool stuff man, really cool!!!

Here I am! haha for the record, I have gone through 3 Bushnell scopes on this .308 and my Red Dot has stayed faithful through it all! Just some fun at the range :mrgreen:

308loljpeg.jpg

Rossignol said:
Cool video!

The high school marching band here is way small, there are only 3 girls on color guard, and there is one quad, two saxaphones (one is my son and the other is his girlfriend) anyhow there are 25 band members this year, thats way down from last year of about 36 or 37. Its a small town man.

OH! I showed him your pics and video, he liked it and especially liked the uniforms! They want new uniforms, theyve had the same ones for several years now and its up to the band members' moms to make repairs to the uniforms, like replacing shiny stuff and what not. Oh well, whaddya gonna do? Low property taxes, no school district tax and no levies on ballots in I dont know how long.

Thanks for sharin that stuff man, I like to share this stuff with my son! He and I (while very much alike) have little in common but he knows I have always liked the marching band stuff and I never miss concerts and shows and I make all the home games, he always shows me his new music and will even listen to stuff I like and learn how to plat either on the saxaphone or clarinet! Most recently it was Dropkick Murphys!!! He even learned some Operation Ivy at one time!

Really cool stuff man, really cool!!!

Many parents don't realize it, but it does make a big difference when they are supportive of things like band even when it doesn't really make sense. My dad hated that I gave up sports when I first started playing the trumpet and he didn't understand why I wanted to be a part of a drum and bugle corps. When he came to my first rehearsal though and saw how hard he work, and then went to the show that night he got really into it.
In drum corps, it is a summer activity where we rehearsed for four weeks, 12 hours a day, everyday, and we slept on floors at night. We had a strict schedule and being late to a rehearsal was something that just did not happen. After those four weeks, the corps starts touring. On tour we rehearsed anywhere from 4-8 hours a day. After rehearsal we would have an hour and a half to eat, pack, and shower before heading off to a nighttime show. After the show, we would get on the bus for the ride to the next city (normally a 6 hour bus ride), we would sleep on the bus, pull into our next rehearsal sight (usually a high school around 4 AM), wonder into the gymnasium where we would sleep on the floor until 7 or 8, wake up and repeat the process. My dad loved me doing this because he could compare it to his days in the Army. At finals, we normally have around 30,000-40,000 people in the stands and my dad was up on his feet at the end of the show screaming and jumping up and down being just as excited as the rest of the crowd. It meant a lot to me that he had come so far from his days of being vocal about wishing I stuck with sports.

That's me folks!

Haifa, Israel. Oohrah!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998018.113065.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998018.113065.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 572
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998049.314974.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998049.314974.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 571
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998117.780888.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344998117.780888.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 572
Here is another current picture of Tosha and I... Just for Ripjack, Oli, LES, Nitesite, and Shooter13!!!

We attended a birthday party where everyone was supposed to wear white. It was a good time!

232323232%7Ffp53874%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D39594%3A85%3B932%3Anu0mrj

Holy Smokes man! What the heck were yall doin and whadyall do with ET? Seriously dude, wheres ET?

I jest, but that looks like some serious work!

bsipes30 said:
Here is another current picture of Tosha and I... Just for Ripjack, Oli, LES, Nitesite, and Shooter13!!!

We attended a birthday party where everyone was supposed to wear white. It was a good time!

232323232%7Ffp53874%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D39594%3A85%3B932%3Anu0mrj

Great pic bsipes30!

ripjack still wants to know if you two have ever done any modeling? :D

Rossignol said:
Holy Smokes man! What the heck were yall doin and whadyall do with ET? Seriously dude, wheres ET?

Level A full encapsulated protection with SCBA.

Luckily - just a training picture, I handle all the household hazardous waste in the state of RI. Thank God I only had to suit up once for the real thing.

JoeRotella said:
Rossignol said:

Level A full encapsulated protection with SCBA.

Luckily - just a training picture, I handle all the household hazardous waste in the state of RI. Thank God I only had to suit up once for the real thing.

Can I get one of those suits for when I have to change the cat's litter box? LOL

Dude!

Looks like our buddy Joe here is a LEVEL A badass!!! Thanks for doin what you do brother. Stay safe...

Wow...

Where to start?

Joe~

I couldn't suit up and do what you do in a million years. I wore MOPP level 4 for many long exposures, sometimes in some really small spaces (US Army i.e.- armor and packed HUMMRs) but now if you put me in a REALLY confined space with a mask I just about lose it. I hate sucking in for my next breath when it takes so much effort that it sounds like Darth Vader. Maybe SCBA is easier, I don't know. I leave it to the professionals. You have my total respect, Sir.

bsipes~~~~~ What can I say......

You are on my "most gifted list" and I don't know if it is because you have a Class III Sterling, or are so totally manly whether on a bike or wearing all white, or that you bagged a babe as gorgeous as Tasha. She looks awesome and I know that she completes you because it goes way beyond her looks.

Mike, the litterbox post was HI-Larious!!!!!!!!!!! Funny stuff.

LES, you kill me with your timely and quoteable replies........

I really need to either step up my game or get the hell out of the way............ This is a big room.

nitesite said:
Wow...

Where to start?

Joe~

I couldn't suit up and do what you do in a million years. I wore MOPP level 4 for many long exposures, sometimes in some really small spaces (US Army i.e.- armor and packed HUMMRs) but now if you put me in a REALLY confined space with a mask I just about lose it. I hate sucking in for my next breath when it takes so much effort that it sounds like Darth Vader. Maybe SCBA is easier, I don't know. I leave it to the professionals. You have my total respect, Sir.

bsipes~~~~~ What can I say......

You are on my "most gifted list" and I don't know if it is because you have a Class III Sterling, or are so totally manly whether on a bike or wearing all white, or that you bagged a babe as gorgeous as Tasha. She looks awesome and I know that she completes you because it goes way beyond her looks.

Mike, the litterbox post was HI-Larious!!!!!!!!!!! Funny stuff.

LES, you kill me with your timely and quoteable replies........

I really need to either step up my game or get the hell out of the way............ This is a big room.

You guys are great, I never had the honor to serve - I thank God that you guys protect us -

- as an aside you really do sound like Darth Vader

nitesite said:

Don't sell yourself short nitesite! Your knowledge and insight are invaluable around here.

All I have to contribute is a little wit here and there... :D

Back