• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Members of Mossberg Owners, Post Pics of Your Self!

I had a 1964 Midget. 1098cc bored .030 over with high compression pistons. Dual SU's and headers to a big glasspack. First gear made from well-aged cheddar.

Stripped the 1st/reverse, broke the crank, lost wheels, many other misadventures...

It had bigger doors and you could get out of it a lot easier.
I built a go-kart a while back, had lots of fun out on the dry lake beds with it. The first time I took it out I was doing almost 40 downhill in a residential when I look over and see my right wheel keeping pace off the left side of the kart. Since the kart had side-by-side seating my weight was keeping the kart balanced enough so it wouldn't scrape! Pulled over, picked up the wheel and drove home on the remaining three.

IMG_20210108_104440.jpg

Good times.

I did that in the MG going up Logan Canyon. Too stupid to check the wingnuts. As I entered a gentle left about 45-50 mph, my left front came off and took off going 70!

I kept turning left while drifting right to the shoulder. The river was only 10 yards below the road right there. As I slowed to a crawl, using only engine compression and handbrake, I slid over into the passenger seat and pulled the brake. The car stopped and dropped without sliding.

I got to hike thru the rhubarb, fish my wheel out of the water, and dress the buggered splines with a screwdriver sharpened on a rock.

It took an hour to get the car moving again.

Back