• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Metal Trigger Assembly?

guitarsoulja

Copper BB
Hi all. I'm very new firearms and just bought my first rifle, a 4x4 .30-06. I understand that the 4x4 trigger assembly is not metal. Is it possible to purchase a replacement stainless steel trigger assembly? If so, where? The gunsmiths in my area (central Canada) don't have a clue when it comes to Mossbergs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome aboard Sir,

I'm not aware of any trigger group upgrade for the 4x4, but your best bet is to call Mossberg tech support directly...

(800) 363-3555

They'll be able to let you know if what you're looking for is available. Keep us posted...

Thanks very much for your suggestion! I wasn't aware they had a tech support number. I'll post back the result when I get an answer. - AJ

Yes Sir, glad to help.

The number above is the main line for their Tech. Support, Sales, and Customer Service departments. It's a press option 1, 2, 3 situation...

There are more plastic parts to this rifle than one would expect... Guess that's why it only costs 500$. Let me know what you fin out as I wouldn't mind a metal one as well.

Bad news folks, no metal trigger assembly for the 4x4. In fact, if the guy on the phone is correct (which may or may not be the case), none of the Mossberg rifles have a metal trigger assembly. Nor do they sell trigger assemblies as a separate product due to "liability issues". That's not what I wanted to hear. However, the reason I have my doubts about this info is that you can buy a Mossberg trigger assembly directly from Brownells website. Just not sure exactly which gun it's for. So I guess I'll have to do more digging. But so far... no luck.
AJ

I know Brownells offers the 590a1 metal trigger housing as an upgrade for the 500/590...

Back