• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Midland Arms ? Multi cal single shot.

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
I dont know if such things interest others but i have always liked simple inexpensive break barrel guns. I received a new gun rag in mail today Guns Magazine in the showcase section was this little blurb definetly caught my eye. My google foo is failing me i can find nothing?
20170804_143010.jpg

I'll be honest, it's hard to beat a good single shot.

If those are built like other single shot guns in the past, they'll be around long after you and I are pushing up daisies.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Though that's not how I'd normally be carrying it :laugh:

Thanks for that link Elbert.

I found a phone number in the link you had and this is what google shows about it.

gibbs navy.PNG

Can't say anything about the shotguns. But if it's the same Gibbs, that makes the AK magazines I would be leery. I purchased 4 that were pretty chincy. A couple drops on concrete, empty, and spot welds started to break.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

That's where I'd heard of gibbs, but I couldn't place it.

They had AK mags for less than $10 each for a while.

Necromancer thread resurrection the Midland folding guns have shown up at Classic Firearms 139.99 not bad at all. video with a 12, 20 and 410 which apparently do interchange barrels, website shows about 9 various barrels from 26 to 18.5 etc... And they take tubes im thinking a 20 bore would be in my wheel house for certain pack trips.

Last edited:
I remember about 20 years ago, I bought a little rossi youth gun to teach my oldest son how to shoot and hunt that came with a 410 and a 22 barrel. That little gun costed about $125 back then. That's why I was a little surprised to hear those going for only a few dollars more.

While it doesn't fold up nearly flat, with the 18 inch barrel, and youth stock on the rossi, is just barely above the legal size limit. Probably doesn't even weigh 4 pounds either.

But it was always a decent little pack gun.

In the absence of H&R Pardner single shots, I'd like to see someone step up and fill the gap for an all purpose shotgun/rifle/carbine set up. If midland did, I'd be sure to buy one of these if I could get 38/357 barrels, 300 blackout, 223, 7.62x39, 308, 243 or 270, 22lr, 16 gauge, etc.

When Cerberus/Remington closed H&R, really left a hole in the market for guys like us.

I remember about 20 years ago, I bought a little rossi youth gun to teach my oldest son how to shoot and hunt that came with a 410 and a 22 barrel. That little gun costed about $125 back then. That's why I was a little surprised to hear those going for only a few dollars more.

While it doesn't fold up nearly flat, with the 18 inch barrel, and youth stock on the rossi, is just barely above the legal size limit. Probably doesn't even weigh 4 pounds either.

But it was always a decent little pack gun.

In the absence of H&R Pardner single shots, I'd like to see someone step up and fill the gap for an all purpose shotgun/rifle/carbine set up. If midland did, I'd be sure to buy one of these if I could get 38/357 barrels, 300 blackout, 223, 308, 243 or 270, 22lr, 16 gauge, etc.

When Cerberus/Remington closed H&R, really left a hole in the market for guys like us.

Yup killing HR was surely a sad day. Ive grabbed up a couple of late if i catch decent one at 100 or less i snag it. Years back I also bought a Rossi Trifecta set i dont remember exaclty $ but itvwas cheap and worth way more, it was a 22lr, 20ga and .243. That pretty much covers a life of shooting hunting etc... If thats all ya had i believe ypu been well heeled in my book.

The one I bought my oldest son didn't have the rifle barrel. Just the 410 and the 22, but it's been treated kinda rough considering it's taught 3 young boys how to be men. It's had its' fair share of knocks and bumps along the way.

I gave it to my oldest son.

My youngest son, I gave the H&R since he used it more than the rossi. It has the 410,20, and 12 barrels as well as the 38/357. It will handle most anything I need it to. Especially with the hot 357 handloads. I routinely get 1800+ fps from them. Not many critters in my woods will ignore that passing through.

Have a peek at Midland website, pretty decent pedigree and notice centerfire and rimfire pages ? They empty but they built them for a reason maybe ?? Lets hope

Yeah, for real.

If they come out with a 300 blackout and a 44 mag barrel, I'd be on that like white on rice.

I would appreciate an ejector though. I'm not a big fan of digging out empties when something is charging at me.

Yeah, for real.

If they come out with a 300 blackout and a 44 mag barrel, I'd be on that like white on rice.

I would appreciate an ejector though. I'm not a big fan of digging out empties when something is charging at me.
Yup. 300blk/20ga . Would trip my trigger
As for diggin while charging , 5 Ps brother 5 Ps

Back