• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MMR Article

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Just a friendly note to let anyone interested know that there is a feature article of the Mossberg .223 AR15 on a hog hunt beginning on page 34 of the April 2012 issue of Predator Xtreme magazine written by Stephen Carpenteri.

I'm not going to scan the article and repost it here due to copyright reasons, but I did snap a quick picture of the opening for anyone wishing to see it.

MossbergMMRmagazinearticle008.jpg

I will say that I don't necessarily agree with the author (and especially MOSSBERG) to think or insinuate that an AR15 marketed for hunting doesn't need a forward assist or dust cover because a failure for the bolt to close will result in a click instead of a bang every time, and I lay the sole of the blame on mossberg for using a slickside extruded upper instead of a standard forged upper and less than $15 of parts for the forward assist assembly and ejection port door assembly. Especially for the price they're marketing them for.

I also don't agree with the train of thought that author said he didn't clean (I assume lubricate either) the gun the whole time, but it is what it is.

Just a friendly note to let anyone interested know that there is a feature article of the Mossberg .223 AR15 on a hog hunt beginning on page 34 of the April 2012 issue of Predator Xtreme magazine written by Stephen Carpenteri.

I'm not going to scan the article and repost it here due to copyright reasons, but I did snap a quick picture of the opening for anyone wishing to see it.

MossbergMMRmagazinearticle008.jpg

I will say that I don't necessarily agree with the author (and especially MOSSBERG) to think or insinuate that an AR15 marketed for hunting doesn't need a forward assist or dust cover because a failure for the bolt to close will result in a click instead of a bang every time, and I lay the sole of the blame on mossberg for using a slickside extruded upper instead of a standard forged upper and less than $15 of parts for the forward assist assembly and ejection port door assembly. Especially for the price they're marketing them for.

I also don't agree with the train of thought that author said he didn't clean (I assume lubricate either) the gun the whole time, but it is what it is.

Old article but here is the link...

http://www.predatorxtreme-digital.com/Apr2012#&pageSet=18

Back