• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MMR HUNTER

Welcome aboard.

Haven't seen any posts regarding unusual wear on the upper around the forum so far. Are you noticing something on yours?

Try to resize the pics i'm not too familiar with iphones but I'm sure theres some type of editing on there somewhere give it a try and retry to upload it again. Good luck

OK I finally got it. The tip of the blade points to what I was talking about.

Attachments

• MMR.jpg
    MMR.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for going through the trouble of uploading your pic I don't have a MMR but I too have not heard of anything like the pic shows! Not sure what could be causing a clearance issue but I hope you find out why!

Thanks for going through the trouble of uploading your pic I don't have a MMR but I too have not heard of anything like the pic shows! Not sure what could be causing a clearance issue but I hope you find out why!
I don't thank that it is a clearance issue it looks like maybe a fault in the material of the upper but really don't know. I have ran about 200 rounds through the MMR without a hiccup. I followed normal barrel brake in procedure and the more it's shot the titter the groups get. I'm very satisfied with the MMR.

Thanks for the photo.

Do you see any wear on your bolt cam pin or the carrier gas key? Looks like something might be slightly misaligned.

Either that or there could have been an imperfection in the finish that was simply in the way and was removed during normal operation.

I'd say yur right about being an inprafection cause everything els looks normal as far as I can tell. All I know to do is run it and watch it, maybe I'll be able to tell more about it after 500 rounds lol

Good plan.

As long as there is no other damage and the blemish doesn't get any worse, you should be fine...

Ive only shot mine out to 300 yards and that was at a water filled gallon jug, were i live there are not allot of open spaces to shoot lol... If you don't mind me asking what rig are you shooting out to 500 yards and what kinda groups are you getting ?

It's a bit of a project gun of mine. An 18" rig, SPR barrel with a 1:8 twist...

Haven't shot much other than steel silhouettes with it at that distance, but these pics are pretty typical of what it puts up on a good day...

Back