• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

mod.679 lever action

Looking around the webz I found this,,,,

Make: Mossberg, Sold Under the New Haven Brand

Model: 679 Carbine (Same as Mossberg Model 472)

Serial Number:

Year of Manufacture: 1972-1986

Caliber: .30-30 Winchester

Action Type: Lever Action with Tubular Magazine

Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked “New Haven / By Mossberg / Made In U.S.A.” and “Model 679 – Cal. 30-30 Win. / North Haven, Connecticut”. The top of the barrel is marked with a circled “P”. The right side of the receiver is marked “1277250”.

Barrel Length: 20”

Looking around the webz I found this,,,,

Make: Mossberg, Sold Under the New Haven Brand

Model: 679 Carbine (Same as Mossberg Model 472)

Serial Number:

Year of Manufacture: 1972-1986

Caliber: .30-30 Winchester

Action Type: Lever Action with Tubular Magazine

Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked “New Haven / By Mossberg / Made In U.S.A.” and “Model 679 – Cal. 30-30 Win. / North Haven, Connecticut”. The top of the barrel is marked with a circled “P”. The right side of the receiver is marked “1277250”.

Barrel Length: 20”
Thanks for all the info.
Just droped it off to the Gun Smith. To put it all back together. And test it out.

Last edited:
Someone told me on another site. That he lived close to the old Roy Rogers museum. And he said Roy had a big collection
Of Mossberg rifles and shotguns.
That's cool.

update.
Gun.Smith still has my lever.
He said hes put it together a bunch of times, and found out it doesn't always load the next round. So he's working on that now.

Hay ,I told him no rush.

To some degree I'm not surprised. There's really only one gunsmith anywhere near here and he's a bit of a drive from here. He's regularly very swamped with a wait time of about three months.

Hope to hear some good news on this rifle soon!

Well maybe you can post some pictures when you get it all back together. :cool:

Back