• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Modern but Rustic - My potential new pair (856 Defender and 10/22 M1)

Stainless it is - I agree - I stick with stainless for revolvers - Now question whether I should take an extra shot, or just get an inch longer barrel with a night sight in the same 5 shot I already have -

Local shop has a Sub2K with Glock 19 mags - I didnt ask how much but maybe I'll go take a ride for it - The Ruger PC9 is nice too though

I really should go back to truck mods and get off the gun listings...
LOL, Yeah I bounce between guns, trucks and motorcycle crap to spend my few extra dollars on. Its terrible! So much stuff! So little cash!

You aint kidding man!

So I actually bid on a Stainless Taurus 92 AFS-D today - we'll see if it pans out - I really have no luck with gunbroker bidding but then tons of other guys always post on how they placed an opening bid and the auction silently closes with no other bidders -

Gave me some more time to think about whether I want a 6-shot stainless Defender or stick with the 5-shot, 'newer' 605 Defender with 3" barrel, to have the ability for Magnums if I wanted ($375 or so plus tax/transfer), both are basically priced the same its literally 5-vs-6shot and 357 vs. 38 chamber - I have been really itching for a Ruger SP101 in the DAO model but its pricey at $600+

The 10/22 is gone on KyGunCo and I think mostly everywhere, I cant find them (the M1 version) - I'll get a Henry base model 22LR youth for that same if I can find one, if anything it would be fun for my son to shoot or me until he's old enough - I do want to buy him a Silver boy but its quite the jump from the regular youth to the Silver boy ($250 or so)

I am trying very hard to not buy more black guns...

You aint kidding man!

So I actually bid on a Stainless Taurus 92 AFS-D today - we'll see if it pans out - I really have no luck with gunbroker bidding but then tons of other guys always post on how they placed an opening bid and the auction silently closes with no other bidders -

Gave me some more time to think about whether I want a 6-shot stainless Defender or stick with the 5-shot, 'newer' 605 Defender with 3" barrel, to have the ability for Magnums if I wanted ($375 or so plus tax/transfer), both are basically priced the same its literally 5-vs-6shot and 357 vs. 38 chamber - I have been really itching for a Ruger SP101 in the DAO model but its pricey at $600+

The 10/22 is gone on KyGunCo and I think mostly everywhere, I cant find them (the M1 version) - I'll get a Henry base model 22LR youth for that same if I can find one, if anything it would be fun for my son to shoot or me until he's old enough - I do want to buy him a Silver boy but its quite the jump from the regular youth to the Silver boy ($250 or so)

I am trying very hard to not buy more black guns...

Ok so not trying to muddy the waters here...ok that's a total lie. :lol:

Do you guys have these available down there? Chiappa M1 - 9mm

This one has caused some significant humming and hawing in my brain...I'll tell you the truth though, I REALLY like it. Like A LOT.

M1-9mm.jpg

We have chiappa guns, but I don't recall ever seeing a 9mm 30carbine version.

I think that's neat.

Yep we have them - prices ranging around $550

I never saw one - that is COOL!

But my caveat is I want a 9mm PCC to take my Glock mags - so that’s out unfortunately - but it is sweet

I’ll check back in a few days - until I see if I win this Stainless PT92 I’m gonna put the other plans on hold

I found one more of the 10/22 M1 version in a gun store in OK

sp101.jpg
Well I ended up with my first Gunbroker win for an actual firearm - this one is random but I'm happy with it, a few bucks more than I wanted to pay, but no regrets -

Ruger SP101 in 357, 2.25" barrel (spurless) - with taxes and fees/shipping I was around $560 so in this market I couldn't complain - This will be a revolver I will be proud to pass along to my son someday - something about satin/bright stainless just feels right - Will update when I get it in - I will be buying a few more boxes of ammo, and it should fit great in my J-frame holsters - A little heavy for pocket carry, but I have my Taurus 605 or my S&W 642 for that -

Have not purchased a long gun - but I think I will save up for the Silver Boy Youth for my son, as opposed to another 10/22 for the time being -

Ruger SP101 in 357, 2.25" barrel (spurless) - with taxes and fees/shipping I was around $560 so in this market I couldn't complain

I think you did OK. $600 used seems to be the going rate for them around here. Back when I was an FFL in the 90s, they were in the $400 range, dealer cost. I could never find the extra $ to get me one...

Thanks guys - I think it will serve me well for a long time - There was quite a large delta to the S&W 640 which used to be my next logical choice ($850 or so in todays market - ridiculous!)

Back