• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 100 ATR- New Owners Area...

Guy's my Allen Buttstock pouch arrive today and like how it looks. I love it my eye line right up with the scope. It was a perfect purchase for me and the rifle lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New to forum been I Mossberg Shotgun owner for Many Years have 10, 410-12. I just purchased my 1st Mossberg ATR 100 30-06 Scoped never owned a Mossy rifle. hello to all.

Hello Joe. Welcome to the forum from NY and congrats on your new ATR.

Just picked up an ATR 100 Trophy Hunter Combo in .308 last night. Cant wait to get out on the range and sight her in. Any tips from the folks who already have one would be much appreciated. Going to start out with the Remington 150gr CoreLokt and the Winchester 180gr Power Points and see how she likes them. Slow going will be my approach allowing enough time in between shots for the barrel to cool. Also cleaning the barrel after each 3 round group. Does anyone have any info that might be helpful? Fit and finish on the ATR are above my expectations for a $300 gun. Just hoping I can get the rounds in the right spot and then it will definitely be worth it. Will be used for a deer and hog gun. I purchased it with intentions of only pulling the trigger a few times a year to put meat in the freezer. As long as she can do that I will be extreamly happy.

Walnut308 I agree with you on putting meat on the table you will be happy with your purchased for a hunting gun. But a table top long distance Remington 700 for that. Please give us your thoughts on your purchase after shooting it a couple of times. Thanks

Hi all new to the forums. I picked up a ATR mossy oak deer thugs edition in 30-06. Its my first big caliber rifle and love it. I left it stock before hunting season to see how it would do outta the box and wasn't disappointed dropped my first buck with it in his tracks. Ive been shooting hornady superformance sst 150gr outta it and they have been alright was thinking of switching to winchester ballistic silver tip what do you guys think. Are they any better or about the same. Right now at 100 yards off hand no sled or bipod i can shoot a 2'' group.

Welcome to the forum xlll trauma. If I was you I would get the night train just for hunting. But it more cost effected if you just buy the night train without the kit (example with scope and bipod.) Because the scope it comes with ain't that good and the bipod is a cladwell I never had a problem with it. But scope is junk and its better to get what you like for optic. I want a long distance rifle and I will be getting a Remington 700 for that in the near future.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-G27203

Will be buying for deer season. Anything I should know before purchasing? I am really interested in a Remington 700 LTR, but the Night Train look's real nice and being a Mossberg fan and all...

As long as you don't buy it from CTD you'll be good to go. If you didn't know, CTD was one of those companies that esentially raped it's customers during firearmagedon last year.

Ok thanks for the advice man. What would be a decent scope you guys would recommend for the night train thats affordable?

I've never ordered from CTD, sounds like a shitty site...There's a gun shop here that I was going to pick it up at for $550. Still pretty good price.

Hey LES. I saw you on the Remington forum, I love the 700 LTR, I need your help and knowledge here.

Should I buy the night train and start a build or the 700...?

Ok thanks for the advice man. What would be a decent scope you guys would recommend for the night train thats affordable?

If you're not looking for something with a mil-dot or tactical reticle, I would look at any of the Redfield Revolution scopes.. I own two of them and really like the features and quality for the price. Plus, they're made in the USA! They do have a BDC reticle, but I've never really put it through it's paces.

Vortex, Nikon and Leupold all make good scopes in the $200-$300 range.

I've never ordered from CTD, sounds like a shitty site...There's a gun shop here that I was going to pick it up at for $550. Still pretty good price.
Hey LES. I saw you on the Remington forum, I love the 700 LTR, I need your help and knowledge here.
Should I buy the night train and start a build or the 700...?

Never so much as held a Night Train, so I can't comment much there.

I have had a bit of trigger time on the 700 platform though. The 700P series are some fine rifles and the LTR is no exception. With its aluminum bedded receiver and 20" fluted barrel this rifle is purpose built as a highly maneuverable precision rifle. My first thought is that the LTR is a lot of rifle to take hunting. Not that it wouldn't make a good hunting rifle, but when you look at other offerings from Remington there are other models that will accomplish what you need for $300-$400 less at retail. The Remington's 700 SPS line offers models with comparable specs to the 700P LTR for close to the price of Mossberg's Night Train. Here are the specs of the SPS Tactical and SPS Tactical AAC-SD for reference...

http://www.remington.com/comparison.aspx

Mossberg ATR Night Train - mfg# 27200 - MSRP: $615 (list price is $440 at Bud's)
Remington 700P LTR - mfg# 25739 - MSRP: $1196 (list price is $958 at Bud's)
Remington 700 SPS Tactical -mfg# 84207 - MSRP: $ 787 (list price is $588 at Bud's)
Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD (AAC threaded barrel) - mfg# 84203 - MSRP: $842 (list price is $632 at Bud's)

I used Bud's prices just to set a base for comparison. My point is that the Night Train vs. the basic SPS Tactical would be a little closer comparison and would save you close to $400 if you decided to go Remington. The SPS rifles are great quality and would be 100% up to the task.

There are other considerations as well ie. overall weight, barrel length, twist rate, projectile weight, etc. All these will factor into choosing which rifle is better suited for your intended game and the terrain you'll be hunting...

Back