• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 395kb Stock Restoration

Here is my journey of restoring the cracked stock for my 395k. Was beat up and had a nasty crack. Broke it in 2 pieces and glued it back together. Sanded it down and Painted the Inners of the stock black. Gave it a light weathered oak stain and then sealed it with gloss finish. All pics will be attached to thread. Excited to wax it and get it out shooting. Cheers from Ontario, Canada
c723550dcb261d42985031d41a124c48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks like a good job. Lots of the old shotguns seem to have cracked stocks. Had a model 200 that was repaired and fiberglassed. I didn't like the looks. Had a 395 that went to Ontario. Also a 185 went that way.

That looks like a good job. Lots of the old shotguns seem to have cracked stocks. Had a model 200 that was repaired and fiberglassed. I didn't like the looks. Had a 395 that went to Ontario. Also a 185 went that way.
Yes it seems that most crack in that exact same spot. The fracture in the wood is the same in most of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back