• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Re: 464 sight choices

Well, the reticle front sight was the wrong height. My own fault, I measured wrong & ordered the .425 version & w/ the bullseye rear sight you need at least the .525 height reticle.

I have to say I really like the crosshairs on the target, but sighting thru the rear inner circle & the front circle is more tricky than I thought. My eyes will no longer focus on the front & rear sight, so there's a certain amount of fuzzy loss of precision(for me, anyway). This combination requires you to center a circle inside a circle while centering the crosshairs on the target circle. I'll have to use it a bit more to see if it's instinctive to use it..........or just complicated.

Jeff

I can say that it looks pretty sweet!! I think that, as with everything, practice will make perfect! With enough use and training your body will treat it as 2nd nature and instinctively line everything up right. All you will have to do is put the crosshairs on target! At least I hope it works out that well for you :)

XS Sights released a new scope mount and sight set at SHOT Show 2013.

Just an update, I did order & install the correct height KNS reticle front sight a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have yet to get back out to the range! I hope it shoots as good as it looks. :lol:

Jeff

Mossberg 464 30-30 Rear Sight

Anyone tried a Marble Bullseye rear sight? Looks to be handy.
http://www.marblearms.com/bullseyeSights.html

How would I know if I need the the long or short one?
http://www.marblearms.com/bullseyeSights_info.html

I have problems using the factory installed rear sight because of being near sighted. Hard to keep focus on it and the front sight at the same time. The aperature sight on my M1 is much easier for me to use so I thought the Bullseye might work ok.

I've had my 464 for a few months and have found it to be very reliable and user friendly. I reload and use 170 grain bullets with H4895 powder.

Bill

I like the idea of ghost or peep sights but Marble sights kinda look flimsy. Have you seen them close up? Skinner and XS sights look like their made of tank steel but they are expensive. As much as a scope.

I looked at that 464 rail from XS. currently $55 +

It's nice, but evidently only for a scout scope and it looks like you must drill the barrel.

Still, I might very much like to have a scout scope if I wasn't just target shooting.

It's nice, but evidently only for a scout scope and it looks like you must drill the barrel.

Still, I might very much like to have a scout scope if I wasn't just target shooting.

I think I will just forego the frustration and get a scope. I am not sure my eyes will like a peep. I have a Ghost on one muzzleloader and a Hi Point 45 acp pistol and I do well. But I know I won't be any good out there more than 50-60 yards. I can get a lower power scope like a 2-7x and that will work fine. It will help bring the weight of the gun up a bit too. I will post pictures when I get set up.

The original rear sight came off rather easily, but it took me about an hour to to get the bullseye sight on! So far, I haven't been able to budge that blade front sight. I don't have a vice setup for gun work, so I've been trying to use wood blocks on the table top & a brass drift. It ain't workin.

Jeff
Jeff, I'm in north TX & have the same problem you faced. My 464 is a 2008 model...how did you remove the rear sight to install the Bullseye? Thanks.

Jeff, I'm in north TX & have the same problem you faced. My 464 is a 2008 model...how did you remove the rear sight to install the Bullseye? Thanks.

Jeff and JR are you driving the sight off from the left side of the barrel toward the right side? If not, try that. You might want to call Mossberg to see what they say.

The original rear sight came off rather easily, but it took me about an hour to to get the bullseye sight on! So far, I haven't been able to budge that blade front sight. I don't have a vice setup for gun work, so I've been trying to use wood blocks on the table top & a brass drift. It ain't workin.

Jeff
Jeff, I've been trying to get details of HOW to remove the rear sight from my 464...can you provide this? I can handle the front sight if I replace that. Thanks, Jerry

Jeff and JR are you driving the sight off from the left side of the barrel toward the right side? If not, try that. You might want to call Mossberg to see what they say.
homebe243, I'm going to remove the rear sight, not the front. The rear on my 2008 464 doesn't have a groove to hold the sight. Any help?

I didn't know they made different ones.

On mine you loosen the top screw and drive the dovetail of the sight off sideways with a plastic punch and a tap hammer.

I didn't know they made different ones.

On mine you loosen the top screw and drive the dovetail of the sight off sideways with a plastic punch and a tap hammer.
Mine is a 2008 & doesn't have a dove tail or screw on the rear sight. The front sight is dove tail. Mossberg CS has no response for help.

You don't have to drill the barrel. They provide a punch to remove the rear sight. The only issue is because guns are mostly hand made there are subtle variations. I had to file the front mounting hole for the jack screw to get it to line up which XS says you may have to. I also mounted a red dot.

85c9054ce65055067753c9377c8b4c63.jpg

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Back