• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590 Aftermarket Stock OPTIONS

OK, long and old thread, but it's a sticky, so I assume meant to be used!

I've read the raves about the Hogue stocks, but I can't find the 13" version mentioned a few years back, there is one that does not give the LOP, which I assume (could be wrong) is the factory-standard LOP, and then there is the 12" LOP model. I think I'm going to prefer about a 13" LOP and I note that the Thunder Ranch version of the 590 is exactly that.

I also agree with some of you fine folks who prefer wood. The LOP on the Mossberg 500 Bantam is, as luck would have it, 13". I cannot find that stock as a part on the Mossberg website (which surprises me because a dad who has a regular 12 gauge 500 might want a short stock for a kid without getting a whole new gun), but I would not be surprised if they'll sell it to me. To get matching wood, I might have to pop for a new forend, as well, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has just used the Bantam youth 12 gauge as a defensive gun with the 18.5" barrel?

Cheers,

John
You could use a 6 position ar style stock. I use this because when I was married there were multiple people in the house that may need to grab it in self defense. I also have a 500 with a regular stock, in case someone preferred that. The middle two are my 500's.

Attachments

• 2014-06-06 23.02.04.jpg
    2014-06-06 23.02.04.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 14
True, on the adjustable, but I'm not a fan of the pistol grip. I left a message at Havlin Sales to keep an eye out for youth stocks. I do think if I call Mossberg they'll be able to sell the part, as well, it's just not listed in the catalog, but they use it on their guns, so they have to have them.

You have to call Mossberg to get the Bantam wood stock for a 12ga - I did a couple years back - it was $70 - comes with recoil pad for 13" LOP -

I prefer about 12.5" or so, but the 13" works - I may chop it down another inch and get a Limbsaver grind to fit for it -

I did get a corncob wood forend at that time - they are harder to find now -

Back