• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Bantam, 505 Youth, 500 Super Bantam Accessories

Bantam Barrels

Hi:

I just got a Bantam 20Ga 20" for my son. He wants a longer barrel. Does the Bantam accept standard 500 barrels?

Thanks...Al

Re: Mossberg 500 Bantam, 505 Youth, 500 Super Bantam Accesso

Yes your bantam will accept any 500 bbl chamberd in 20g.

I am not that familiar wit hthe Bantam, but I believe that the difference is the stock length and maybe the forarm length.

Thanks & Happy Holidays... 26" Barrel on order.

Did you get your 26" barrel for your Mossberg 500 bantam?

What's the shortest length stock I could get for my Bantam? Is there a difference in the lenght in the youth model and the Bantam?

junior said:
What's the shortest length stock I could get for my Bantam? Is there a difference in the lenght in the youth model and the Bantam?

Hi Junior!!! Welcome to Mossberg Owners!!!

The bantam stocks and youth stocks are available with the spacers. The shortest configuration is 12", (10 1/4" for the 510 mini) The spacer allows it to go to 13".

I hope that answers your question, and if you need anything else let me know!

Hi all,
I just picked up a Maverick 88 20GA (exact gun as the Super Bantam but $80 less) for my son (he's under 11)- it will be his first shotgun - the barrel is 22" - It seems like the stock will fit him fine and is adjustable to grow as he does. the gun was one of those "Only at Dicks Sporting Goods" guns so there is no information out there. Anybody have one? I posted this in this category cause when I spoke to Mossberg CS they said it’s the same gun except the safety is on the trigger.

Thoughts, info?

Anybody have 20GA chokes for sale?

Joe

joe i'm wating on a barrel from mossberg 18.5 i dont think they are threaded for chokes i have the 3 that came with the gun never used. all yours when my barrel arrives

malibu said:
joe i'm wating on a barrel from mossberg 18.5 i dont think they are threaded for chokes i have the 3 that came with the gun never used. all yours when my barrel arrives

This board has the best members - somebody is always ready to step up.

Thanks
Joe

malibu said:

I just got the same barrel for my 500C. I orderred it 11/21 and got it on 12/1 even though they quoted me 3-4 weeks for shipment.

And no, it does not come drilled and tapped for choke tubes.

Hi Malibu - i sent you a couple of PMs and had not heard back from you.
Joe

I am looking for a sling swivel adapter for my son's 500 Bantam, any recommendations? Thanks for the help in advance.

GaDeerSlayer said:
I am looking for a sling swivel adapter for my son's 500 Bantam, any recommendations? Thanks for the help in advance.

welcome from NY. you mentioned a sling swivel adapter,,not quite sure of what you mean. are you referring to the stud?? take a lot at this,maybe it will help.
http://www.brownells.com/shooting-acces ... /index.htm

old mossy said:
GaDeerSlayer said:

welcome from NY. you mentioned a sling swivel adapter,,not quite sure of what you mean. are you referring to the stud?? take a lot at this,maybe it will help.
http://www.brownells.com/shooting-acces ... /index.htm

I am looking for the stud as well as the magazine cap that will fit my son's 500 Bantam youth model. Thanks for the link.

Someone above asked about barrels, are the 12 gauge Bantams compatible with any ''full size'' 500 barrels? Also, if I felt the need do customize down the line, is the Bantam compatible with ''full size'' stock and forend sets? The Mossberg website wasnt too helpful, and I wanted to try to find this info before I resort to asking a sales clerk

Benjammin said:
Someone above asked about barrels, are the 12 gauge Bantams compatible with any ''full size'' 500 barrels? Also, if I felt the need do customize down the line, is the Bantam compatible with ''full size'' stock and forend sets? The Mossberg website wasnt too helpful, and I wanted to try to find this info before I resort to asking a sales clerk

welcome to the forum from NY.

answer to your questions, yes and yes. interchangeable parts.
you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

old mossy said:
Benjammin said:

welcome to the forum from NY.

answer to your questions, yes and yes. interchangeable parts.
you get a chance post a pic or two. :)

Great thanks! I'm not quite ready to buy one, still putting some money together, but on paper this is the model I want. I havent been able to track one down locally, so I might have to order one online.

Another question, on the website it says this model comes with 5 or 6 shot capacity, is that an option, or are they different on different models/gauges?

Picked up a new old stock 500 Bantam 20 gauge combo model 54188. Wanted it for the slug barrel and am going to change the stock to an AR15 type adjustable stock. That's the easy part. Where can I get a black polymer forend? My action slide tube is 4 3/4" and I cant find an aftermarket forend for that length. Thought I might just change the tube to a 6 1/2" tube but they are too expensive. Any ideas?

Back