• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Re: My Mossberg 5OO

SHOOTER13 said:
Texas_Made said:
Oh yea I also took out the wooden dowel.

If I had a nickel for everytime... :lol:

a nickel for every time you heard, "why does my shotty only hold two in the mag?" ;)

WOW! you have a very good choice in firearms! did you know that
a study has been made about firearm purchases? it turned out that
the people who got the same EXACT SAME MODEL as yours were far
more intelligent, superior and masculine? i am searching for the link to
back up this claim. i know it sounds crazy but its true!

btw, did i mention that i have THE EXACT SAME MODEL as yours? . .
smiley_wink.gif

New Addition: 500 AL 28" AC barrel, engraving, wood, etc...

New Addition: 500 AL 28" AC barrel, engraving, wood, etc...

Picked this up off GB for $170 inc. S/H plus $20 FFL "fee". It is an "AL" model--what does that mean? And the engraving on the receiver and scallopped bolt--does that make it "special" (ie: worth mo' money)? :twisted:

It does have the 7-3/4" pump tube--is that a good thing?

Attachments

• 500al1.jpg
    500al1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 562
  • 500al3.jpg
    500al3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 562
  • 500al4.jpg
    500al4.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 561

hey guys I just tried to take the trigger housing assembly out and the stock is in the way!
the two screws that are behind the receiver are what i need to remove to remove the stock?

I think so, becuase the tube wont come out from the adapter otherwise I dont think.

Re: New Addition: 500 AL 28" AC barrel, engraving, wood, etc

Man thats super nice!!! Love the gun dog scene!!!

Yea I ended up diggin deeper and found that after I remove those screws I need a allen wrench for the adapter piece.

The birds taking flight on the right side of the reciever reminds me of my Stevens Model 79 12 gauge shotgun

stevens79closeuprecieverandboltengr.jpg

Very nice looks like one of my brothers shotty's. I wish I could get someone where I live to do a $20. FFL transaction.

cbshooter said:
Very nice looks like one of my brothers shotty's. I wish I could get someone where I live to do a $20. FFL transaction.

Find a pawn shop that deals in weapons. Otherwise there is a pretty good list of FFL holders on the GunBroker.com website.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
cbshooter said:

Find a pawn shop that deals in weapons. Otherwise there is a pretty good list of FFL holders on the GunBroker.com website.

GB is where I found my FFL. He is about 5 minutes away, has flexible hours and works out of his house. $5 goes to the Gov't. for the "call-in" of the 4473 form. The other $15 (or whatever "extra" your FFL charges) covers licensing costs, insurance, convenience, etc.

Some states are set up a little different, as instead of calling the FBI NICS checks, they have an exemption to call the state police for the background check.

If your FFL told you that the Federal Government (FBI/NICS) charges $5, he flat out lied because they don't charge a cent.

If they have to call someone within the state, that may be possible to be charged a fee.

Good lookin' out John! Most people would believe because, come on, it's the government. When don't they take the chance to charge you $5 her and $5 there. :lol:

I understand that line of thinking, but here's the thing.

When the Brady Bill was enacted, it required the buyer to have a background check when buying a gun from a dealer.

So, the Fed's have to provide the service.

It is done through the FBI NICS call center. Besides the FBI call center employee's that dealers almost always go through for approvals, there are also ATF liason's they can ask to be transferred to if there are any questions or problems too.

So the background checks are paid for in taxes we pay anyway and if I remember correctly, some of the FET tax the manufacturers have to pay when they make a new gun that is passed on to the consumer in higher cost is used as well.

But an individual state can supercede that requirement by mandating that the state police (or other designated entity) do the background check instead.

The state can charge a nominal fee that they use to pay the people doing the check and for other things they have to pay for. Computers, power, internet, etc.

I was an FFL for many years, so I have a lot of knowlege about the how's and why's of a lot of things. This is just one of them.

If the FFL has the option to call NICS, instead of a state entity, there is no charge for the background check, but to cover their time and paperwork, the dealer themselves can charge a transfer fee for their time and paperwork storage and things.

I always charged a transfer because there really is a lot that goes on behind the scenes, but for a good customer, sometimes I'd drop a transfer near their Bday or Christmas or wedding gift or graduation or whatever but I wasn't required to go through a state program either so I wasn't out anything and a good deed often goes a long way.

People will never forget if you wrong them, and they usually won't forget when you do something good for them either.

Mossberg 500 Thunder Ranch

52133.jpg

Came across this tonight. Looks like a chainsaw model without the trademark handle and different stock.

Re: Mossberg 500 Thunder Ranch

nice looking piece...unfortunate name. "Thunder Ranch" sounds like a new brand of dipping sauce or a new sammich at Mickey D's.

Back