• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
VANG COMP Detachable Side Ammo Carrier
p615599890-4.jpg

p706574682-4.jpg

p569937657-4.jpg

p960580257-4.jpg

Lightweight shell carrier puts six additional shots within easy reach for fast reloads. The DSAC (Detachable Side Ammo Carrier) features an aluminum backing plate that secures to the receiver with the included replacement trigger pins and features. A hook-and-loop attachment system enables fast installation and removal of the separate shell carrier. Elastic webbing holds shells tight even when wet. Cut-out in mounting plate allows viewing of receiver serial number. Models available for Mossberg 500/590; 12 gauge only. Deluxe models come with two shell carriers; additional shell carriers available separately.

TACSTAR Side Saddle Shell Holder
p_867105870_1.jpg

Lightweight, molded-nylon shell carrier puts additional fire power quickly within your reach. Aluminum mounting plate attaches to the side of the receiver using the existing pin/screw holes—no permanent alterations or gunsmithing required. Four- and six-round models available for a variety of popular law enforcement shotguns.

MESATACTICAL Receiver Mount Shotshell Holder
p_100002648_1.jpg

Rugged and lightweight, aluminum shell holders put extra 12 gauge shotshells on the left side of the receiver for fast tactical reloads. Shells are held in place with a unique, internal Santoprene™ elastomer rib that securely retains even heavy slug shells during vigorous movement or heavy recoil. Available in sidemount (SM) or Picatinny rail (PR) configurations. All necessary installation hardware, tools, and instructions included. Mossberg Sidemount is a 6-round unit that attaches in the same manner as the Remington Sidemount. Fits Mossberg 500/590/835.

3 Gun Gear Side Saddle

DSAC

Ultimate CC said:
VANG COMP Detachable Side Ammo Carrier
p_100005244_1.jpg

Lightweight shell carrier puts six additional shots within easy reach for fast reloads. The DSAC (Detachable Side Ammo Carrier) features an aluminum backing plate that secures to the receiver with the included replacement trigger pins and features. A hook-and-loop attachment system enables fast installation and removal of the separate shell carrier. Elastic webbing holds shells tight even when wet. Cut-out in mounting plate allows viewing of receiver serial number. Models available for Mossberg 500/590; 12 gauge only. Deluxe models come with two shell carriers; additional shell carriers available separately.

This is actually a picture of the DSAC for a 870. The one for the Mossberg is a little different. Instead of these two screws, you replace the Rear Pin and the Ejector screw with ones furnished by Vang Comp to secure the DSAC to your gun.

Do you know where I can find an image of the correct one? Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks for posting up pictures of those! I will go ahead and add them to the list.

3 Gun Gear sidesaddles

Mark at 3GG said he is about to add a 5 and 6 round shell holder as option to his carrier lineup. He said that he expects to have this on the website sometime in the next 24 hours.
Just a heads up for anybody interested in them.

http://www.3gungear.com/

Re: 3 Gun Gear sidesaddles

That is exciting to hear, looks like a great setup to run.

Darnit, now I'm thinkin I need to add somethin else to my 590...

I think some Vang Comp System goodies would finish off your Mossberg 590A1!

This thread needs more pictures. All I see is VC detach and a stock photo of the Tacstar Im sure there are plenty owners out there with it installed? Let's see em'

Back