• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Super Bantam Reviews...

Well, as promised, I am going to tell about my first experience with my Super Bantam. Mind you this will make only my second time EVER shooting any kind of firearm. I am a petite woman (5'1) and have been sort of limited on what I can use. Also, I am very timid when it comes to guns too, but I am trying to learn. I have to say I LOVED shooting my Super Bantam. It is very easy to use, and the recoil is minimal for a shotgun. I have a youth Rossi .410 with about twice the kick of the 20 gauge, and I hate it. We took it to the patterning range and it had a pretty good group, and before I knew it I had made my way over to the traps. I had a blast (nyuk, nyuk). If I had one thing to say it would be that it seems to shoot high, but in all honesty that could be me, anticipating the recoil. I would recommend this gun to anyone whether it be a youth or someone of a smaller stature like myself. Great value too! I will have it for a very long time, I can promise that!!

My daughter recently bought a 500 .410, but its the standard length of pull with a 24" vent rib barrel fixed full choke. Shes 12, and loves the gun! We are going to get the youth 12" LOP stock, and an 18.5" cylider bore barrel for slugs. It is a very fun gun to shoot!

Thanks for posting up your review! It is much appreciated. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot a mossberg 500 super bantam yet but it sure sounds like a blast.

Bought mine today for one of my boys' birthday tomorrow. I can't wait, the kid is going to absolutely crap himself. I am about to, I want to go shoot!

Nice!

In the meantime, take a look at this video on field stripping and cleaning....

Video: Detailed Review of 590A1

All steps in the linked video will apply to your 500 as well. A good clean and lube will go a long way toward making your first shooting experience as enjoyable as possible. It'll give you some good first-hand experience of your 500's internals as well...

Back