• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500E home security

IraIII

.22LR
I have a Mossberg 500E with a pistol grip forend, synthetic stock and 18.5 barrel with a ported end on the barrel marked home security. I also have a 26 full choke ribbed barrel for it. Is the 18.5 barrel factory? Or made up, and if factory does anybody know the model number of the home security shotgun? I have attached some pictures.IMG_3085.jpegIMG_3086.jpegIMG_3086.jpegIMG_3087.jpegIMG_3088.jpeg

Not that I don't like your 500, but I see by your choice of decking material you are a man of means! LOL!

Thank you old mossy I remembered it as factory but couldn’t remember the barrel end, what you find in the back of the safe.

A related question my HS410 has two barrels, and functions well with both, found this in the owners manual, do not interchange other 500E barrels? Why

Attachments

• IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    699.8 KB · Views: 7
A related question my HS410 has two barrels, and functions well with both, found this in the owners manual, do not interchange other 500E barrels? Why
From what I remember, the HS410 actually came from the factory with a longer magazine tube and that is why none of the other Model 500E barrels will fit it.

I think 12Bravo20 is correct and this model has a 6 round magazine. If you wanted more flexibility you certainly could change out the mag tube.

500E parts guns are occasionally available over on everygunpart web site. Here's a link to one for sale now and there may be more given their inventory changes almost on a day to day basis.

Regards

I don’t think there is any problem with switching barrels, I have the factory home security barrel and a factory 26 inch full choke barrel that both work perfectly.

Back