• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

For all you guys who have replaced your stocks with a 13" LOP stock, what are you running? Have you had a chance to compare the Speedfeed youth stock with, say, the Choate stock? What are your thoughts? I'm really only interested in the conventional, non-pistol-grip, stocks. I wish Mossberg and Remington would stop churning our their combat shotguns with long (~14") LOP stocks. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

590A1 stock bolt

Hi, I own a 590A1 and pruchased a Speedfeed Tactical III stock which I am trying to install. However, the stock bolt (which goes inside the stock itself) from Speedfeed does not fit the 590A1. It seems that the bolt is too small to catch the thread. I also see a difference that the original factory Mossberg bolt is bigger.
The original stock bolt from Mossy is too short to reach the receiver once installed in the Speedfeed stock. What size bolt do I need and where do I get it? Thanks in advance.

Re: 590A1 stock bolt

I would go to Home Depot and pick up a grade 8 bolt, 5/16" x 18 TPI in the size you need. Sometimes they don't have the exact length you need but you can cut the bolt to size with a dremel if you have to. Hope that helps.

Thanks, I tried Lowes but no luck. I called Speedfeed and they said they would send one out to me. The OEM Speedfeed stock was just to short for my monkey arms but I guess it's made for tactical applications? I don't know if I'll like the pistol grip stock but I'm going to try it out. I have my eye on the Hogue OverMolded stock in standard length. I'm open for suggestions.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=655

I have added virtually all stock options available to that thread and have tested a lot of them so far. Let me know if there are any you want more information about.

Yup, Dan is right. You may have to check out a couple different hardware stores. I may be doing the same thing. I have the Hogue stocks and just added a receiver end plate sling adapter, and the bolt is just barely long enough so I may be shopping for another bolt too.

Question on the Hogue 12"LOP stock

Looked in the Midway on-line catalog, and all they had was one for the 500. Will that fit the 590A1?

Second question-- it was not in stock. Recommend any other place to order them?

Re: Question on the Hogue 12"LOP stock

I mentioned it in the other post, use the coupon code easily found online for another $3-4 off an already very low price from Optics' site.

I think they mean 500 series...as in 5XX models, since it fits my 590 no problem

Re: Question on the Hogue 12"LOP stock

I pretty much can't add anything here! ;) I'm going to be uploading more video soon of that short LOP being used on my 590A1! As it stands, I have pics posted here under the 590 photo thread, as well as under the Hogue short LOP review under the product review subforum!

You're good to go!

compstock reviews?

I am thinking of adding the compstock to my 590a1 for reducing felt recoil. i am not interested in the pistol grip version. How does it do and does it add alot of weight to the gun.
Have a safe 4th of July !!!!
Dog229 Gone

knoxxs opps GEN II kit

walk into 111 gun store and found a knoxxs opps recoil system for my 590a1 for $114. what a steal!!
I called Blackhawk asking of any changes to this system and the person told me in a few months they are coming out with the Gen II version which will retain the current recoil specs but will be made a little different internal for the design to be better. I ask if there had been any problems to cause this and he said of his time with the company he had not seen any come back for any problems. He also told me that i could break this in by compressing the stock to break in the springs
saying about 100 times or so. Does this really work? Has anyone had any problem with this system
I can not wait to shoot it!

Back