• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I finally got time to take the shockwave out for some practice and patterning.

Winchester 12 GAUGE, 2¾", 1250 Velocity, 16 pellets #1 BUCK

First Pic is 10 yards

View attachment 19147

Second pic is 20 yards

View attachment 19148

The good news is I REALLY like #1 buck, and my home shotguns will be loaded with this round.

The bad news:
- The heat shrink with O-ring on the grip does not work. Two shots and I cut it off- very uncomfortable.
- The laser works well but was difficult to pick up in the very bright sunlight. So for indoor home protection it would be fine, but...
- The mount in front of the fore-grip DOES NOT work for me. I fired only five #1 buck and five 00 buck shells before my thumb was bloody and throbbing. I tried to hold it out of the way but it doesn't work. The recoil slams the laser and mount straight back into my thumb and thumbnail. The mount will be coming off, and when my thumb heals I will re-attack. I have a police trade-in H&K USP inbound in a week or two, so I will need to get back to the mountains and I will try it again then.

But anyway, now we have pictures of what #1 buck

nope

8tfXwaF.jpg

ZlUZCzW.jpg

See that Remington has released their semi-auto loader version of the Tac 14. For only $900 pkus dollars! Wow!

https://www.guns.com/2018/10/09/remington-debuts-new-v3-tac-13-semi-auto-12-gauge-firearm-video/

Regards
Yes Sir, it`s a dandy lead slinger for sure!

I searched but didn't see anything about this.

https://www.blackacestactical.com/product-page/no-nfa-no-aow-shockwave-semi-synthetic

$449 synthetic furniture or $574 wood furniture

I really wish they would tap the barrel for a bead sight - Black Aces makes wonderful stuff -

The $449 black one is a prime candidate for an AR adapter with pistol brace because of the safety placement -

I have been considering buying the wood furniture version, its $125 more than the Mossberg nightstick, is semi-auto and theoretically softer shooting than the pump, and the wood grip is stippled which I have been waiting for.

It really comes in handy at the range, too. I mean, I know it's designed to be used with a bayonet so you don't burn yourself while thrusting, but I forget a couple times how hot a barrel gets. Adds some weight, but I'm 6'1", 300 lbs, so I don't really notice it!

It was a bear to get it to fit, so pardon the, "metalworking".

PicsArt_04-06-02.37.28.jpg

Back