• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

They make their own follower. Appears to function more like a bolt in a rifle to feed the shells.

ATA-500-SUB-Follower-Assembly-3quarter-reverse_2048x2048.jpg

Dang....it appears rather sophisticated. No pictures when you get this up and running....We want Videos!

I'm reminded of a visit my wife and I made to Vegas. While standing in line at the receptionist desk in the Bellagio, I looked down at a funny little guy in front of me. He had huge spikes in his hair dyed blue, yellow, green, red, orange....a regular rainbow. I kept starring at him. He noticed my stares, and said "what are you looking at?" I calmly replied, "In my wilder, rattlesnake days, I had sex with a peacock, and I'm wondering if you are my offspring."

Side note: weather permitting I may be able to fire my Shockwave on Monday. I'll put a few slugs, high brass shot and buckshot through it to see if the heat shield stays in place. I'll report back.

Here's a hoot. My lgs has a pack of five 12 ga slugs for $25 if I remember correctly. The slugs are 12 ga incendiary slugs! Just what you need if you run into a rabid propane tank!

Good luck Monday. I hope all goes well.
I reckon you could use the incendiary's to start a campfire......or a forest fire.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

I had my name changed back to Rico. I have been Rico to my close friends for decades. I named my Shockwave Stogie.
I got myself confused with the name change.:confused:
Everyone please excuse the silliness of an old man.

Glad XS took care of you.

:) I
Someone has made a Model 870 Shockwave in 20 gauge and is asking $799. YIKES
I wonder if Mossberg will bring out a Shockwave in 20 gauge. Seems unnecessary to me, but maybe some folks are recoil sensitive.
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/668491982

I don`t where he got his info from but Pat Hayden from Kentucky Gun said one may be coming in the future...

I've searched until I'm punch drunk for a compact laser that is solid and that doesn't break the bank but can't really find anything that I like. The one on mine now is a cheapie that's not going to work. Crap mount won't stay put. Suggestions?

Terry...that thing looks a bit akward as well as heavy. Be extra careful with your front hand. (Sorry to sound like your momma):doh:

Duly noted. Lets just say that my actual Momma doesn't know that I have it in the first place. lol...

I've searched until I'm punch drunk for a compact laser that is solid and that doesn't break the bank but can't really find anything that I like. The one on mine now is a cheapie that's not going to work. Crap mount won't stay put. Suggestions?

I prefer a weapon light over a laser.

For the main reason, I don't really like lasers on guns. They tend to wash out in bright light, and at nighttime, if there is any dew, humidity or fog or smoke, is like a straight line right to you. Especially once you pull the trigger.

Also, for normal shotgun distances, the light will have a pretty small throw. Enough to be able to ID friend or foe, but at the distances that you'd use them in the house or garage or whatever, they work pretty good.

I have a friend who had a little saying about using weapon lights.

"If it's lit, it's hit".

For the main reason, I don't really like lasers on guns. They tend to wash out in bright light, and at nighttime, if there is any dew, humidity or fog or smoke, is like a straight line right to you. Especially once you pull the trigger.

Also, for normal shotgun distances, the light will have a pretty small throw. Enough to be able to ID friend or foe, but at the distances that you'd use them in the house or garage or whatever, they work pretty good.

"If it's lit, it's hit".

I don't disagree with any of that. The laser is a want not need item. Sometimes I just can't help myself. lol...

This is the one that is at the top of the list so far.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M2870O2/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1A6UTNGHS7JRO&colid=37BRG975X2TA7

617u3FpfFSL._SL1200_.jpg

I have a few lights but not super happy with any of them on the Shockwave. Think I'll get this one. It looks like a great light for a shotgun.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ7D367/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I2508X8ZRAIEN8&colid=37BRG975X2TA7

41OmEaYhonL._SX425_.jpg

Yes Sir I would be interested in one but I doubt if they will go into production.....

I'd be more interested in a 20 ga. too.

For the simple reason, I don't have a 20 ga. pump.

Plus, I'm sure they'd be a lot more pleasant to shoot.

"If it's lit, it's hit".

I have the inforce 800 lumen light on my X95 and the Streamlight 800 lumen on my RDB. Both are very bright. All lights will throw a circle of light on the target. As stated above: the circle of light, at normal home defense distances will give you an aiming "spot" for shooting. The Streamlight TLR-3 on my KSG has 125 lumens and throws a nice spot for aiming. If the "spot" is on the target then the shot will follow to that spot. The light can be mounted on the front of the Shockwave to keep the top of the gun clean of any added items so the bead can be easily used, if needed.

The green laser is the best for any use. It is more visible than the red in dayight.

I do believe that a 20ga Shockwave would work very well, as long as it has the 3" chamber. A 20ga 3" will throw the the same shot charge as a 12ga 2 3/4" and you have the option of down-loading to lower recoil shells in the 20ga. I would really consider adding a 20ga, if it comes out.

Here's the green laser I purchased from Amazon. http://a.co/0t8YuLw . I choose this one because it was rechargeable without being too big. I rail mounted it on the top close to the safety, and used a laser bore sight to get everything aligned. Pretty bright indoors. Will report back after testing it out at the outdoor range.

41bqH0rQDBL._AC_US160_.jpg

Back