• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Here's the green laser I purchased from Amazon. http://a.co/0t8YuLw . I choose this one because it was rechargeable without being too big. I rail mounted it on the top close to the safety, and used a laser bore sight to get everything aligned. Pretty bright indoors. Will report back after testing it out at the outdoor range.

41bqH0rQDBL._AC_US160_.jpg

Oh, I'm liking that! Thanks. Look forward to hearing how it does.

I have the inforce 800 lumen light on my X95 and the Streamlight 800 lumen on my RDB. Both are very bright. All lights will throw a circle of light on the target. As stated above: the circle of light, at normal home defense distances will give you an aiming "spot" for shooting. The Streamlight TLR-3 on my KSG has 125 lumens and throws a nice spot for aiming. If the "spot" is on the target then the shot will follow to that spot. The light can be mounted on the front of the Shockwave to keep the top of the gun clean of any added items so the bead can be easily used, if needed.

The green laser is the best for any use. It is more visible than the red in daylight

I have a Streamlight but would prefer something a bit more compact. Have other smaller lights but the on/of controls are on the bottom so constantly turning them on accidentally.

My intended purpose for the laser is in the daytime at the range and/or general goofing off in the day time. The Inforce will be more than enough in the home defense situation.

Wow you guys have been busy. I like the recessed QD mounts and various methods of heat shield attachment. What we really need is a receiver mod that allows Saiga magazines and can go from magazine tube to box magazine with the removal and reinstallation of a few parts.

I wondered what happened to you. Figured you won the lottery and forgot about us.

I have a Streamlight but would prefer something a bit more compact. Have other smaller lights but the on/of controls are on the bottom so constantly turning them on accidentally.

My intended purpose for the laser is in the daytime at the range and/or general goofing off in the day time. The Inforce will be more than enough in the home defense situation.

The streamlight TLR-3 is small and the switch is on the rear of the light so no accidental activation. It's not that much in cost.

http://tacticalgear.com/streamlight...lr-3&utm_content=col - streamlight tlr 3 (em)

Give it a look. The 110 lumens light is very good for home defense distances.

Don't know if this was posted yet (wasn't going
To read all 19 pages). Something I found interesting on the Aim Surplus and Buckeye Firearms websites.

The Shockwave is illegal to purchase and own in Ohio. While it is legal per the BATFE, Ohio considers it a "sawed off shotgun" due to barrel length (even though overall length is above minimum). Crazy shit, huh?

Did a quick check and the Shockwave is illegal in Nevada, Ohio and New Jersey. I have heard that it was illegal in Texas but their law has been modified to allow the Shockwave. There may be other states where it is illegal.

While in Nam I volunterred to man the guns on any Spooky mission, but they said I was need elsewhere. I enjoyed talking to the pilot.
I wish I had the pictures I took, but I've been robbed too many times in my life.
I bet you enjoyed your job.

Here's the green laser I purchased from Amazon. http://a.co/0t8YuLw . I choose this one because it was rechargeable without being too big. I rail mounted it on the top close to the safety, and used a laser bore sight to get everything aligned. Pretty bright indoors. Will report back after testing it out at the outdoor range.

41bqH0rQDBL._AC_US160_.jpg
Tried this out at the outdoor range this morning. The beam was not very visible. Sky was overcast to partly sunny. The times I did manage to see the dot and fire, the shots were right on. I was using white paper plates at 7 yards and shooting # 8 birdshot. I would aim dead center and the shot spread out pretty evenly over the plate. As far as reliability, after 50 rounds, nothing came loose, and the beam remained aligned.

For my purpose, the beam is very visible indoors, and this setup should serve well as a home defense option.

Hey Rampo. I don't remember you posting before. Welcome, and thanks for the feedback. We always enjoy pictures.
Senior Master Sargent, Air Force. Nicely done!

Back