• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

This is off topic, but, does anyone have plans for the solar eclipse August 21st?
We live south of the main event, but plan on being outside to see what we can see from our spot in Georgia, near the SC line.

Hey Rico, we're just across the river in Aiken SC. Downtown Aiken will be 99.9% eclipsed and will be in the "diamond phase" of the eclipse much longer than most locations, therefore Aiken is "the jewel of the eclipse." (Whatever that means). We'll probably hang out downtown at one of the outdoor cafes and celebrate with a couple of cold ones.

Sounds like a good place to be and a great plan for celebration. Y'all enjoy yourselves.
I remember being stationed at Keesler in 1966-67? and we were woke up in the middle of the night and told to form up outside.
Seems like we were in our skivvies. The sergeant told us we were looking at something that was a once in a life time experience and to relax and enjoy it.
The sky was full of more meteors than you could count. The sky looked like a live spider web, constantly filled and moving with meteors...hundreds, if not thousands. It was the dangest thing I have ever seen.

I found this dog tag. I don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I had to have it.
View attachment 15987
BTW when I saw this I immediately thought of these.
a8e1f9_26b31e5433074218a2fba7b2b2b58d0d.webp

a8e1f9_6f041223ec6541f096b47425bbb563f3.webp

Did a quick check and the Shockwave is illegal in Nevada, Ohio and New Jersey. I have heard that it was illegal in Texas but their law has been modified to allow the Shockwave. There may be other states where it is illegal.
The shockwave is not illegal in Nevada.

The issue in SOME people's eyes is that Nevada does not define the term 'shotgun' so some folks seem to think that that leaves them open to interpret the shockwave to be a shotgun if they want. They have the same definition of a short barrel shotgun as the fed, and it was epcifically written in 1977 to follow the same definition as the fed.

In my eyes, until the state legislature defines the term 'shotgun' in their own words, the only definition they have to use is the federal one. This could further be argued because of the fact that their definition of an sbs was written to mirror the fed, that they would logically fall back to the fed definition of shotgun.

This is the same idea as the stabilizing braces, the Taurus judge could theoretically be defined as a shotgun too if the state wanted to write it that way, like Ca did, but until they did that, it follows the federal regulations. Same thing applies to our open carry laws. The state of NV does not say in writing that open carry is legal, nor does it say it's illegal.it's silent on the matter. Therefore since they don't say it's legal nor do they say it's illegal....it defaults to being legal.

The shockwave is not illegal in Nevada.

The issue in SOME people's eyes is that Nevada does not define the term 'shotgun' so some folks seem to think that that leaves them open to interpret the shockwave to be a shotgun if they want. They have the same definition of a short barrel shotgun as the fed, and it was epcifically written in 1977 to follow the same definition as the fed.

In my eyes, until the state legislature defines the term 'shotgun' in their own words, the only definition they have to use is the federal one. This could further be argued because of the fact that their definition of an sbs was written to mirror the fed, that they would logically fall back to the fed definition of shotgun.

This is the same idea as the stabilizing braces, the Taurus judge could theoretically be defined as a shotgun too if the state wanted to write it that way, like Ca did, but until they did that, it follows the federal regulations. Same thing applies to our open carry laws. The state of NV does not say in writing that open carry is legal, nor does it say it's illegal.it's silent on the matter. Therefore since they don't say it's legal nor do they say it's illegal....it defaults to being legal.

Looking at local government, it boils down to lazy, ignorant, commissioners who take the easy way out, by following the federal government rather than defending the citizens of their community, district, and state. Ignorance and apathy leads to condoning insurgency. I do not allow "tolerance" in my speech or thought.
Tolerance is accepting that which you know is wrong.

The forum likes BB code. The pics show up instead of links...

I tried BBcode the first time around but it was because the source was no good. 2nd time around I linked instead from the same source and still no good. I had to save the images and reup them to be able to even post them. By my 3rd attempt I just got lazy after reuping them and just posted the link, plus I was on my phone and not at a desktop so that's how that whole mess happened. I failed at interwebs twice just trying to get those damn pics to show up LOL

Looking at local government, it boils down to lazy, ignorant, commissioners who take the easy way out, by following the federal government rather than defending the citizens of their community, district, and state. Ignorance and apathy leads to condoning insurgency. I do not allow "tolerance" in my speech or thought.
Tolerance is accepting that which you know is wrong.

“In the world it is called Tolerance, but in hell it is called Despair...the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, hates nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing, and remains alive because there is nothing for which it will die.”
Dorothy L. Sayers

I picked up an old friend at the airport. He was born and raised here, but moved to Oregon for work. He came back to check out some real estate, and asked if I would pick him up at the airport. I ended up in a slight pissing match with an arrogant TSA agent, but I knew the law and came out on top.....another story. (nothing to do with the Shockwave)
My old friend had heard about the Shockwave in Oregon....everyone talking about it....but no one had seen it or shot it. I brought him to the house and let him shoot Stogie. He was an immediate FAN. He can't wait to get back to Oregon to tell his friends about his experience. The country is talking about this "weapon" and many folks are anxious to shoot one. Again I say, "WE are the leaders of the pack." If anyone says different, let them post comments, links and pictures. Knowing us, we would be glad to see what they have to offer. As far as I am concerned, they can Take it as a Personal Challenge.

Back