• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

this pizza box might just have to catch a pattern of something untested. Choices are Hornady Critical Defense 8 pellet 00 Buck, Winchester PDX Buck and Slug, Herters short shell 00 Buck, and Herters Buck and Ball. I'll let you be the choosing factor.

I hope that's a Hunt brothers pizza box,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

pizzaboxtarg02.jpg

I've searched until I'm punch drunk for a compact laser that is solid and that doesn't break the bank but can't really find anything that I like. The one on mine now is a cheapie that's not going to work. Crap mount won't stay put. Suggestions?

Have you bought a laser yet?

It says the growth pattern on that laser is 1" per yard. I assume that means a 15" spread at 15 yards. That should light 'em up real good. Whatever you get, set's see some night pictures if possible.

It says the growth pattern on that laser is 1" per yard. I assume that means a 15" spread at 15 yards. That should light 'em up real good. Whatever you get, set's see some night pictures if possible.

Will do. I am pretty sure that this will be the one.

Have not. Still researching.

Thought this one was kinda cool especially for a shot gun.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0180OYGCA/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I335UG91Y7QJLX&colid=37BRG975X2TA7

If you can afford it, get a green laser of some type. The green is much more visible in the daylight. The red disappears in bright light while the green is still visible.

Oh, anything in 3" is way too much for me. I find the Federal Premium Personal Defense, 2 3/4", 4 Buck, 34 pellets has a nice spread at both 7 and 10 yards and I can deal with the recoil. That's 34 pellets of .240" size.

Solar Eclipse Update
We were a 98.2%. Here are pictures of before and at peak. My wife and I felt a little woozy as the eclipse took place. Also note, the chickens did NOT go to roost. The temperature dropped, but I forgot to measure it. So much for my scientific study.
IMG_4833.JPG IMG_4835.JPG

Solar Eclipse Update
We were a 98.2%. Here are pictures of before and at peak. My wife and I felt a little woozy as the eclipse took place. Also note, the chickens did NOT go to roost. The temperature dropped, but I forgot to measure it. So much for my scientific study.

Mine peaked 2 hours ago at 95-ish%. I happened to catch some really cool shadow bands, aka "shadow snakes" that only occur during an eclipse.

Attachments

• Shadow bands.JPG
    Shadow bands.JPG
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 23
That is weird. It looks as though you were on a road when you took the picture. I have never heard of such a thing. Cool.

Parking lot.

From what I've read, there hasn't yet been a satisfactory explanation for the phenomenon. All we know is that they're cool to look at.

Ours peaked at 2:42 PM. Seemed as if it wasn't getting much darker from the start at 1:12 PM. Then all of a sudden, it was lights out! The darkness only lasted about a minute, but I was surprised at how quickly everything went dark. It was a great experience. During the peak I had thoughts of grabbing the Shockwave to check out the green laser, but my wife discouraged me. Said I really didn't need a once in my lifetime event to be messing around with the gun.

Ok gents. I decided to install my XS Big Dot today. I removed the old bead and cleaned everything up. Then I discovered that if you have big hands and fingers you can't start the new bead! I've tried wrapping it with electrical tape to give me more to hold to and using small pliers(gently) to no avail. :brick:

Hey, did you get your Big Dot mounted?

Back