• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Saw this this version today from Palmetto. Shockwave with marine coat. $399. Interesting look. http://palmettostatearmory.com/moss...paign=Daily+Deal+Email&utm_content=5:00+Email

52315.jpg

I like it and I would have bought it if it was available. I like the two tone.
I even thought of sending mine to Robar for a NP3 treatment, but when do I stop putting money into this addiction?

Monday I was able to shoot my Shockwave again for a little bit. Again, the heat shield did not move under recoil. I did have a problem with the quick disconnect rail riser I had mounted my C5L on. I was shooting from a low hold and on one shot I was unable to see the green laser. The QD lever on the rail riser came loose (unlatched) and the laser/riser set was on the ground. I need to find a rail riser with a locking lever to keep the riser in place under recoil.

Here is the mount that came loose.

100_0354 (Small).JPG

Here are two risers with locking levers. The American Defense is the best but is a little costly. The AD mount can be had for about $70. I'll try the cheaper riser first for $10.88.

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/106/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-QD...08&rk=1&rkt=1&&_trksid=p2045573.c100508.m3226

Monday I was able to shoot my Shockwave again for a little bit. Again, the heat shield did not move under recoil. I did have a problem with the quick disconnect rail riser I had mounted my C5L on. I was shooting from a low hold and on one shot I was unable to see the green laser. The QD lever on the rail riser came loose (unlatched) and the laser/riser set was on the ground. I need to find a rail riser with a locking lever to keep the riser in place under recoil.

Here is the mount that came loose.

View attachment 16113

Any particular reason you want the QD pic mount on the C5L? If it were me, I'd mount it directly to the rail on the receiver. It would be shorter in overall height, have fewer moving parts to fail, and be far less expensive.

Any particular reason you want the QD pic mount on the C5L? If it were me, I'd mount it directly to the rail on the receiver. It would be shorter in overall height, have fewer moving parts to fail, and be far less expensive.

My reason was that if the C5L failed or lost the battery I could quickly get rid of it and use the Big Dot as a backup. The rail I put on the receiver has a sight groove that acts almost like a rear sight. There was no cost with the riser I used. I had it in my parts bin.

Thanks, Rico. I took a look at their QD riser and yes, it is a little pricey. I noticed that the locking levers do not latch closed. That was my problem with the riser I used. The non-locking latch came undone after firing some rounds because of the heavy recoil of the Shockwave. I don't know if I could trust the LaRue riser on the Shockwave. The AR has a much lower recoil impulse so it would work fine there.

My reason was that if the C5L failed or lost the battery I could quickly get rid of it and use the Big Dot as a backup. The rail I put on the receiver has a sight groove that acts almost like a rear sight. There was no cost with the riser I used. I had it in my parts bin.

Ah. Makes sense.

Thanks, Rico. I took a look at their QD riser and yes, it is a little pricey. I noticed that the locking levers do not latch closed. That was my problem with the riser I used. The non-locking latch came undone after firing some rounds because of the heavy recoil of the Shockwave. I don't know if I could trust the LaRue riser on the Shockwave. The AR has a much lower recoil impulse so it would work fine there.

You can trust LaRue with your life. Mark LaRue has a policy that he will take back anything bought from him, even if it is wore out. His own staff complains that he takes back things that are battle worn. I'd stake my life on LaRue. He started out making mounts, and now makes one of the most accurate AR's in the industry. Obviously, when you buy LaRue....you brag about it. I'm not a stock holder, just a proud owner. Talk to them on the phone and tell them what you are doing. Great folks.

Got the Go Gauge LED follower today. Went out to the shop this evening and got it installed. It's made of Derlin which is a super tough and slick plastic material. It also has LED's that activate on the last round to aid the shooter in reloading in the dark. I will freely admit that I just had to have it because I think it's a neat little deal.

Got the Go Gauge LED follower today. Went out to the shop this evening and got it installed. It's made of Derlin which is a super tough and slick plastic material. It also has LED's that activate on the last round to aid the shooter in reloading in the dark. I will freely admit that I just had to have it because I think it's a neat little deal.

Another forum member 95jza80tt showed us the LED follower back in June I believe.
It wasn’t received as being very practical, however, for added “bling” at the range, I see where it could be fun. Delrin is good stuff. I went with the GG&G follower, but I’m kinda boring compared to you. :) Couldn’t help but notice the purple on the ATV. As a trademark, maybe every video should have purple in it. How about one of your beautiful rifles in the background.
I agree the cap at the end of the mag tube is an un-necessary pain in the butt.
I am glad to hear you are doing a video on the modifications to your Magpul foregrip. I will be very interested in watching that. Additional videos will be a great contribution to the Shockwave forum, and personally I say thanks for doing them.

Another forum member 95jza80tt showed us the LED follower back in June I believe.
It wasn’t received as being very practical, however, for added “bling” at the range, I see where it could be fun. Delrin is good stuff. I went with the GG&G follower, but I’m kinda boring compared to you. :) Couldn’t help but notice the purple on the ATV. As a trademark, maybe every video should have purple in it. How about one of your beautiful rifles in the background.
I agree the cap at the end of the mag tube is an un-necessary pain in the butt.
I am glad to hear you are doing a video on the modifications to your Magpul foregrip. I will be very interested in watching that. Additional videos will be a great contribution to the Shockwave forum, and personally I say thanks for doing them.

Thanks Rico. That is actually a golf cart. I don't play golf at all. I built it a few years back. I used it at the race track when we were racing and now for general running around the neighborhood. 43 mph. lol... It's electric.

I took Stogie to our local machine shop Comp-N-Choke. They manufacture turkey chokes and more.
I told Stuart what I wanted him to do, and it turned out just the way I wanted.
I had him remove the front tabs, cut a hole in the shield just large enough for the Big Dot, and drill and tap the barrel on each side.
I like the results very much. Remove two small button head hex bolts and the shield slides off.Stogie With Heat Shield.JPG Stogie With Heat Shield 2.JPG

Back