• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590A1 Out of Stock

Centuriator

.270 WIN
Hey guys, what's the word on why so many Mossberg 590A1 models are out of stock? I'm looking on gun deals.com and not finding much and nearly every major online retailer is showing OOS on the Magpul edition, and 20" tactical models, etc.

Figured if any place would know, this forum would.

And thank you

My feelings exactly...and I dare say I may have said those words outloud as I found on site, after site, after site "out of stock".....the Magpul Edition model number....it's OOS nearly everywhere I looked. Bud's apparently has a half-dozen but they have jacked the price up and you have to join their "buyer's club" or whatever they call it for $25 to get one.

Hmmmmm....

And you know the worst thing about all this? I actually had one a few years ago and sold it, like an idiot.

Last edited:
The 590 is a very good shotgun without a doubt. I own one and love it.
Quite frankly it’s more shot gun than most people need. It’s really a military grade weapon and a heavy beast. I wonder if the demand is driven by it’s features or by it’s cool factor.
For most people and all but the most rigorous applications the 500 is more than adequate. I own 3 and love them.
Even the Shockwave is a 590. This tells me that there is a cool factor at play. The popularity of the Shockwave is putting stress on the supply I would think. Very good news for all of us.

Last edited:
As I said...they are back in stock, I want a 590A1, in my opinion, the most rugged and combat tested shotgun available. I have owned several and it is good to have one back.

Last edited:
The 590 is a very good shotgun without a doubt. I own one and love it.
Quite frankly it’s more shot gun than most people need. It’s really a military grade weapon and a heavy beast. I wonder if the demand is driven by it’s features or by it’s cool factor.
For most people and all but the most rigorous applications the 500 is more than adequate. I own 3 and love them.
Even the Shockwave is a 590. This tells me that there is a cool factor at play. The popularity of the Shockwave is putting stress on the supply I would think. Very good news for all of us.

I agree 100%. I rarely shoot my A1s as they are HEAVY cumbersome beasts compared to my 870s or just my regular 500s or 590s. A loaded 9 shot A1 handles like a 4X4 fence post with the heavy walled barrel and a tube full of 00. The regular 590 seven shot models are the Goldilocks models in my opinion. Waiting with bated breath for the new 20 gauge, seven shot 590.

It is interesting to do a comparison of the weight of various firearms fully loaded. I think a bit of reality check is in order, as well as hitting the weights at the gym.

Fully loaded (9 rounds) Mossberg 590A1: 8.5 pounds.
Fully loaded (9 rounds) Mossberg 590 7.25 pounds.
Fully loaded M1 Garand Rifle: 9.5 pounds.
Fully loaded (50 round drum) Thompson Submachine Gun: 14.5 pounds
Fully loaded Daisy Red Rider B-B gun: 2.2 pounds.

My fully loaded M4 COLT SOCOM 6920 with Surefire flashlight, Aimpoint Micro, double mags, sling...11.5 pounds

My fully loaded LMT MWS .308 Sniper Rifle with 20" SS barrel, 2.5-20 optic and Accu-Tac F Class Bipod....19 pounds.

Last edited:
It is interesting to do a comparison of the weight of various firearms fully loaded. I think a bit of reality check is in order, as well as hitting the weights at the gym.

Fully loaded (9 rounds) Mossberg 590A1: 8.5 pounds.
Fully loaded (9 rounds) Mossberg 590 7.25 pounds.
Fully loaded M1 Garand Rifle: 9.5 pounds.
Fully loaded (50 round drum) Thompson Submachine Gun: 14.5 pounds
Fully loaded Daisy Red Rider B-B gun: 2.2 pounds.

My fully loaded M4 COLT SOCOM 6920 with Surefire flashlight, Aimpoint Micro, double mags, sling...11.5 pounds

My fully loaded LMT MWS .308 Sniper Rifle with 20" SS barrel, 2.5-20 optic and Accu-Tac F Class Bipod....19 pounds.

Are you trying to be antagonistic? And if so, why?

I was lucky. I panicked in 2015 when we thought Hillary might win, so I'm prepared now.
Also, my wife always has a big stock of TP etc. plus Gallons of bleach, ammonia, soap etc,
She's a prepper in her own way.

lots of guns are out of stock now, seems like panic buying causes guns to sell.

thats the reason i just ordered mine.

after lots of youtube i decided on mossberg. was going to get one at Dicks sporting goods but it seems mossberg and dicks went their separate ways a few years back.

i was looking for a 500 but when i saw a 590a1 for the same price as a 500...i jumped.

still waiting for all the shipping and FFL papers etc to happen before i get my paws on it.
also gives the mailman time to send me all the accessories purchased

lots of guns are out of stock now, seems like panic buying causes guns to sell.

thats the reason i just ordered mine.

after lots of youtube i decided on mossberg. was going to get one at Dicks sporting goods but it seems mossberg and dicks went their separate ways a few years back.

i was looking for a 500 but when i saw a 590a1 for the same price as a 500...i jumped.

still waiting for all the shipping and FFL papers etc to happen before i get my paws on it.
also gives the mailman time to send me all the accessories purchased
Dick(‘s) is definitely a 4 letter word around here. Heck I’m Canadian and I hate Dick’s...lol. If you were ever interested in doing something for your 2A rights...don’t ever give a dime to those Dick’s.

Oh yeah and IIRC, Mossberg told Dick’s where to get off...so to speak.

https://www.racked.com/2018/5/10/17339690/dicks-sporting-goods-gun-control-debate

Back