• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 590a1 xs sights

Elias

Copper BB
Hello everyone, I' ve recently bought a mossberg 590a1, model 50768, with the xs ghost ring sights. Very pleased with my purchase except of a small problem. The front sight, as it is screwed on, is set slightly to the right. Could you please tell me the size of the front allen wrench screw in order to get the right tool?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-221140_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-221140_YouTube.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 18
I couldn't tell you the size but just go buy a set of allen wrenches. Can't be more than $10-$20 and you will use them though out your lifetime. The Mossy is probably standard but I use metric working on cars... I have a couple Husky (Home Depot) sets that are decent quality...

BTW, Welcome Aboard!

Thank you very much! It's not about the money. I live in Europe, where we use metric system. So I need to know the size of the wrench, in order to buy a set that includes the proper tool for sure.

Last edited:
I live in Europe, where we use metric system.

Here in the US, we speak two tool languages so our toolboxes have to be bi-toolual. ;) Maybe try getting a set off ebay? It is likely someone will come along and let you know the exact fractional size but I doubt you will be able to buy just the one wrench...

Suggest you send an inquiry to XS online help site. They should be able to answer your question.

Otherwise remove the barrel and take it to a local hardware store and they should be able to provide a wrench that fits.

Regards

The problem is that usually in a wrench set sold here, the smallest key included is 1/16 of an inch which stands for about 1.6 mm.I' ve just tried the 1.5mm which also is usually the smallest key included in the set and it doesn't fit. It's a little bit wider. So, I suppose that I must search for a 0,050' wrench which is considered to be a special tool. If I can't find it, l will turn to a gunsmith. Thank you very much for your help!

If it is the same as my 590A1 and it looks like it is it’s a 1/20” or 0.050” (0.2 mm) Allen wrench. I have an RCBS Allen wrench kit that has the size (pic attached). Some blue loctite is highly recommended. Don’t ask me how I know!
EC75542D-FF0A-467C-BED0-441D9DDA63B6.png

Last edited:
Jmm 14534 I assume that it fell off during shooting session, right? I will definitely apply loctite..Since I figured out which is the proper size, I looked for it in a couple of e - shops and found a set that includes the 0,50' key. I have already ordered it. Thank you all for your help.

Jmm 14534 I assume that it fell off during shooting session, right? I will definitely apply loctite..Since I figured out which is the proper size, I looked for it in a couple of e - shops and found a set that includes the 0,50' key. I have already ordered it. Thank you all for your help.
Your assumption is correct. They are expensive to replace! I did replace the front site with a tritium dot from XS. It’s even more expensive.

I know my friend! Sometimes you just want to have some fun and it turns out a disaster... At least you replaced it with good stuff!

Last edited:
Back