• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 702 vs Mossberg 715T "Tactical .22"

dawg57

Copper BB
I've just become aware of these AR type plinksters. Can anyone tell me the differences between the two? I want to avoid any intro problems the 702 may have had if they were addressed with the 715. I'm assuming of course, that the 715 followed the 702 and is the latest version. :?:

Re: Mossberg Tactical 702 vs Mossberg 715 T

Mine is a 702. Its also a 10 round magazine model with the pinned stock, to be NY and CA compliant. Possibly the 715 is the high capacity model with the adjustable stock, I don't know.

If indeed my theory is correct, then it probably doesn't matter. But if the 702 is an older model, I'd go with the 715 because my 702 is a piecocrap!

(please see my other thread)

Mossberg Tactical 702 vs Mossberg 715 T

The heart of the 715T is a 702 plinkster wrapped in plastic.

Mine is the 25 round model with a fixed stock and is labelled 715.

Re: Mossberg Tactical 702 vs Mossberg 715 T

bellofello said:
The heart of the 715T is a 702 plinkster wrapped in plastic.

Mine is the 25 round model with a fixed stock and is labelled 715.

\\my "new to me" tac 22 is i assume the older 702t with the adjustable stock, i dont know what the 715 designates, but i have looked at the 702t and the 715t side by side in pics etc i cant spot the difference the only one that looks different is the flat top which has a shorter handguard and the bolt on front sight, and of course the flat top receiver, it is also marked 715t, do you suppose they just use the new name stamp on the old receiver (handle type) moulds for cheapness? i would love someone to explain the differences, all i can say is that if the 715 is a new improved model, i dont know what they did cos my 702t works great, in fact since i cut the front handguard and packed it out to prevent the wobble it shoots 1.5 inch groups at 25 yards with open sights,

I have one of the first of the Mossy carryhandle tacts that was introduced into Canada
On the side it says " MOSSBERG INTERNATIONAL 702 PLINKSTER " and it came with a 10rd mag only
My flat-top says " MOSSBERG INT'L 715T "
Never-the-less , inside is a standard 702 plinkster receiver/barrel
101_6945.jpg

Clic and scroll down this thread and you'll see some great photos of a tact tore down
viewtopic.php?f=88&t=5730

Curious

I've been saying, and always thought that I purchased the Mossy 702 tactical plinkster. My receipt from WallyWorld says so, the owners manual says so, but pulled it out again today from the gun cabinet at was looking at it. On the side it says 715T.

Rootbrain

Re: Curious

the 715t is just a 702 plinkster in a fancy plastic shell.

you'll probably find that when they first introduced it, there was some cross referencing/labeling until it became an official model. finding it hard to explain what i want to say...

Back