• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 801 Half Pint Plinkster Troubleshooting

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your mossberg 801 half pint plinkster; this is a thread for troubleshooting.

Re: Mossberg 801 Half Pint Plinkster Reviews...

So I just bought my son a new 801. Took it out today and used about 300 rounds, and im not really impressed. Dropping in each round was acceptable but even with the magazine "guide" the rounds dont want to enter the chamber very well(I believe the mag that they dont include would minimize this problem if not solve it altogether) BUT I did have issues with the extractor at about 90 rounds and again at about 150. The extractor itself is some sort of spring steel wound around the bolt assembly and it kinda jumps out of its place every now and again and fails. Can push it back in(its guide) with a gerber or a knife. Any ideas or upgrades anyone knows about for this issue?

Re: Mossberg 801 Half Pint Plinkster Reviews...

I have not heard of anyone else having this issue but I will do some research for you to help get to the bottom of this. If you could grab some pictures or video the next time it does it may help us help you figure out a solution.

Back