• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 802 Plinkster Troubleshooting

jco69 said:
I think i fixed mine, i took my bolt apart and found chunks of the red loctite or whatever inside, i ran a wire brush through the inside and scrubbed everything with a tooth brush, sanded down some tiny rough spots and oiled it. i ran 100 rounds through it and no more stiff bolt! i'm going to shoot some more today, so i'll update further afterwards.
Good to hear :cool: I was surprised at how much thread lock there was elsewhere in the bolt.
Please do let us know if the issue has been resolved.

Broke down my brand new 802 for an initial cleaning. Discovered that when I tighten the rear action screw down, the screw travels up too far into the upper receiver and actually prevents the bolt from sliding all the way forward! So I backed it out one turn.

Went to the range to sight-in and to my dismay, could not get a consistent elevation probably due to the action screw. Then after about 40 rounds, I could no longer chamber rounds! The bullets refused to slide into the chamber. One after another I would eject a round and the same thing would happen. Tried Federal AutoMatch, CCI SV RN, and Eley Pistol. No difference.

Did I get screwed here or am I doin' somethin' wrong?

I found out with a 802 that I picked up used that when Mossberg was making the trigger housing (part #20) that when they cut the mag hole the cut it too far forward. The hole being to far forward meant that the ramp that lifts the round to the barrel when the bolt is pushing it forward would catch and pinch the bullet. What I did was take a small file and started to re-profile it. I worked very slowly and tested the fit and feed until the feed was considerably better.

I would like to get a new trigger housing but I can't find ANY parts online.

Hi.
I have a problem with my mosber 802.
everytime when i shot first shot with cold gun at 50 meters, bullet goes to the right from the center about 8 centimeters.
the second shot goes near the center. ant others shots goes about the center.

after couple hours when i try shooting... the same problem..... the first bullet goes away from center about 8 cm.
others about the center.

and it is not metter gun cleaned or not.

what is wrong with my gun?

Back