• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 810 Picatinny Rail

Cmurray

Copper BB
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have recently acquired a 1972 Mossberg 810ASMH in .30-06. I purchased a Leopold scope but the tube is too short to work with my mounts. So I went down this long rabbit hole of trying to find a picatinny rail that would fit, and had no luck. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am working with a friend who owns a machine shop on having a one piece picatinny rail made to fit the action of the 810. Would anybody else be interested in purchasing one if he is able to make this happen?

I have a Mossberg 810. I am trying to envision why the distance between mounts is too short. I think they came with Weaver #11 but I am not positive. I know I had no problems with mounting the scope.

I have a Mossberg 810. I am trying to envision why the distance between mounts is too short. I think they came with Weaver #11 but I am not positive. I know I had no problems with mounting the scope.
The mount isn't too short, the optic is.

The mount isn't too short, the optic is.
I still can't quite envision the issue. The 2 closest rifles are 810s and the rest are 800s (or contract 800s). As you can see, they all have scopes mounted.
52693019016_1130b3b950_o.jpg

Back